WiFi Tether

balticzar

Reaction score
Well, I'm rooted. That's done. Drocap2 screen capture up and working as well. However, I'm having issues getting WiFi tether to work. Any tips guys?

Tried Open Garden as well as the original WiFi Tether for root users (3.1 beta 6) from their web site.

OP
B

balticzar

Reaction score
Forget it. Sorry.
Just found the post about sqlite editor. Trying that now. Thanks.

OP
B

balticzar

Reaction score
Well.....the sqlite editor fix did not work for me. So....anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

epphllps

Reaction score
Here is what works. Newest experimental and select Motorola Targa then Auto. Enable encryption. Works great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Repost

Well, I'm rooted. That's done. Drocap2 screen capture up and working as well. However, I'm having issues getting WiFi tether to work. Any tips guys?

Tried Open Garden as well as the original WiFi Tether for root users (3.1 beta 6) from their web site.

What Wireless Tether are you using. Open Wireless Tether, hit menu, go to About, check your version.
If your on 3.1beta6, it wont work, idk why but just wont, no matter what setting or editing.

Heres my specific set up to get mine running to get my Transformer, Asus laptop, my PS3 and Xbox 360 to see my phone and connect to it

Step 1. Go to this link via your phone and download this version of Wireless Tether,

wifi_tether_v3_1-pre101.apk - android-wifi-tether - WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.1-pre101 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Step 2. install it, duh!

Step 3. Go into settings and follow this down to the letter,

Change Device Profile-Motorola Targa
Change Setup-Method-Dont touch
Enable Wifi-Encryption-This is a must because with out it, no device will not see your SSID, have to manual enter them ie. laptop to connect.
Change Passphrase-Has to be at least 13 letters/numbers. By default it was setup with abcdefghijklk. Either keep it like that or change it.
Change SSID-Change to what ever you want it to be
Change Channel-I had a couple of my friends try different setting and seems to work but for best results use "Channel 06(2437)"

DO NOT ENABLE ACCESS-CONTROL- very buggy, sometimes you'll see your SSID but nO password attached, meaning its an open wifi even though its not.

Everything else leave them alone, if you want, unless you like the vibrate feature....

Now from here back out from from Wireless Tether and go back, Someone said that you might need to force close the app via app manager. I didnt have to but try and see if that helps. From there you should see the app start with your data usage at the bottom. Next go to anything that can get WIFI. I used my laptop, my Transformer, and my Xbox. Works fine with no problem. The only thing i have problems is that the Razr 4G drains battery like crazy. Ill post up a vid on it today after I get out of work. Grave yard sucks....[

jacobjer

Reaction score
I'm rooted and I went the sql editor route and I'm using the stock hot spot app. I on the other hand am I having issues. I can’t load some sites when I'm tethering. Example I frequent the CBC hockey site and watch the videos of games and shows via their video player (yes I have unlimited data) can’t get the video to load any video it just acts like it’s going to load and doesn’t. This is restricted to just tethering now. I can't even get the video to play on my phone now after I rooted (not saying their related). I've had friends try with their phones that aren't rooted same issue. No idea on this one...I also can't get yahoo to load when tethering. But loads fine on my razr. I've downloaded opera and fire fox same issue. I site that used to work no longer does and I making it work or knowing why it doesn't now and did a week ago is perplexing me.

Graymayre

Reaction score
I've had similar issues. I also get alot of issues with sites requiring certification

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

jacobjer

Reaction score
I've had similar issues. I also get alot of issues with sites requiring certification

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

I changed the dhcp to 192.168.42.2 - if that's what 42 is referring to.
If not...hint please.

RedTarget

Reaction score
I believe 42 refers to The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and is just part of Graymayre's signature. Really great set of books if you have the time!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

basschica

Reaction score
I was already rooted and this method worked flawlessly for me. Thanks!

What Wireless Tether are you using. Open Wireless Tether, hit menu, go to About, check your version.
If your on 3.1beta6, it wont work, idk why but just wont, no matter what setting or editing.

Heres my specific set up to get mine running to get my Transformer, Asus laptop, my PS3 and Xbox 360 to see my phone and connect to it

Step 1. Go to this link via your phone and download this version of Wireless Tether,

wifi_tether_v3_1-pre101.apk - android-wifi-tether - WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.1-pre101 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Step 2. install it, duh!

Step 3. Go into settings and follow this down to the letter,

Change Device Profile-Motorola Targa
Change Setup-Method-Dont touch
Enable Wifi-Encryption-This is a must because with out it, no device will not see your SSID, have to manual enter them ie. laptop to connect.
Change Passphrase-Has to be at least 13 letters/numbers. By default it was setup with abcdefghijklk. Either keep it like that or change it.
Change SSID-Change to what ever you want it to be
Change Channel-I had a couple of my friends try different setting and seems to work but for best results use "Channel 06(2437)"

DO NOT ENABLE ACCESS-CONTROL- very buggy, sometimes you'll see your SSID but nO password attached, meaning its an open wifi even though its not.

Everything else leave them alone, if you want, unless you like the vibrate feature....

Now from here back out from from Wireless Tether and go back, Someone said that you might need to force close the app via app manager. I didnt have to but try and see if that helps. From there you should see the app start with your data usage at the bottom. Next go to anything that can get WIFI. I used my laptop, my Transformer, and my Xbox. Works fine with no problem. The only thing i have problems is that the Razr 4G drains battery like crazy. Ill post up a vid on it today after I get out of work. Grave yard sucks....[

drdunga

Reaction score

recDNA

Reaction score
I am stock ics unrooted on vzw razr maxx hd. Foxfi used to work but now my laptop restarts every time i try to connect to foxfi. I tried to connect to foxfi bluetooth but i couldn't get to the page in which bluetooth connects to internet on my laptop.

Is there a free wifi tether app for unrooted razr maxx hd that still works? I don't mind paying for an app but i don't want to pay only to find it doesn't work when we get the jb update.

I am on verizon wireless and do not pay for their wifi tether and i am on a granfathered unlimited data plan. I read one guy got in trouble for using pdanet on an ATT phone. Obviously I don't want that either.

Thanks! Foxfi was great while it lasted. :'

swharshbar

Reaction score
Foxfi still works for me on my Maxx HD. My kids connect with their ipod touches, my wife connects with her Samsung tablet and my computer connects. Maybe unload, re-install and see what you get. There's also a foxfi companion that might be necesary too from the play store.

Good luck!

recDNA

Reaction score
It won't in a week when you have jb. We both need a solution.

I don't like that it makes windows crash in my laptop. Something very weird there.