Wifi tether

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
Here's what I'm using on my Bionic. it will probably work on your GN. Can't download it directly from the play store with Verizon. android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This is what I use. foxfi also works well and is in the market for non rooted.

Hope you have unlimited data as halfway through my billing cycle i am standing a just over 6 gigs, but I stream
netflix wireless, and each movie consumes a just over a gig.

SniperDroid

Reaction score
Which setting is that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Okay, In AOKP, got to Settings, Rom Control, Toggles, Enabled Toggles, (Now choose the one's you want to use) click on close. Back up to your home screen and pull down notifications and you should see the toggles. Turn it on from there, but you'll need to set it up under Settings, More, Tethering & Portable Hot Spot. Or You can install this from Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...yLDUwMSwiY29tLmFjaG15ci5hbmRyb2lkLmZyb3lvIl0. It worked on my D1 and on my Nexus when it was stock.

Good Luck

kinfolk248

Reaction score
yea im running liquid v125 and i cant get wireless tether app (3.1beta11) to work. the app turns on but my computer doesnt see it. idk what the deal is but i really want my tethering tho. anyone know whats going on?

ps. im using leankernels...

SniperDroid

Reaction score
yea im running liquid v125 and i cant get wireless tether app (3.1beta11) to work. the app turns on but my computer doesnt see it. idk what the deal is but i really want my tethering tho. anyone know whats going on?

ps. im using leankernels...

Did you set up personal settings under Settings, Data Usage, More, Tethering & portable hotspot, Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot ?

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Did you set up personal settings under Settings, Data Usage, More, Tethering & portable hotspot, Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot ?

yes i went to setting, more, tethering & portable hotspot, the configure wifi hotspot and all it says is network ssid and security....and i hit save but wireless tether app still doesnt do right... am i missing something? and does vzw see this activity in these setting or is this all liquid stuff?

SniperDroid

Reaction score
yes i went to setting, more, tethering & portable hotspot, the configure wifi hotspot and all it says is network ssid and security....and i hit save but wireless tether app still doesnt do right... am i missing something? and does vzw see this activity in these setting or is this all liquid stuff?

Okay, if you Set up your network settings and password, you have to configure your computer to log in to that. It's not Liquid, It's ICS, and as long as you don't tic the Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot check box, they dont know your there... I have my Viewsonic G-Tab and my 6 year old Dell laptop working off the 4g this way... and I still haven't hit 2 gig of usage in a month.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Okay, if you Set up your network settings and password, you have to configure your computer to log in to that. It's not Liquid, It's ICS, and as long as you don't tic the Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot check box, they dont know your there... I have my Viewsonic G-Tab and my 6 year old Dell laptop working off the 4g this way... and I still haven't hit 2 gig of usage in a month.

oh ok so its a computer login issue, thanks, now let me see if i can get the bad boy going...

kinfolk248

Reaction score
ok so i just figured something out........idk what the #### im doing lol. somebody help me lmao

SniperDroid

Reaction score
ok so i just figured something out........idk what the #### im doing lol. somebody help me lmao

You see those hundred seventy something posts under my location? About a hundred and fifty of them were me asking for help... and IF I Helped you at all, then your my first!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try FoxFi. It's free and you don't need root access.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure. I've been using it but I don't tether much. >1GB per month. I only use it when at my local library as their wired and wireless networks both suck. It takes about a minute to load a basic Google search. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5