Wifi tether w/out monthly fee?

jseah

Reaction score
FYI, FoxFi has disabled the old version so it no longer functions. When you try activating it, a pop up message states that the free version is no longer supported and you should update to the latest version on Google Play, then the WiFi hotspot fails to activate.

geoff5093

Reaction score
FYI, FoxFi has disabled the old version so it no longer functions. When you try activating it, a pop up message states that the free version is no longer supported and you should update to the latest version on Google Play, then the WiFi hotspot fails to activate.
Wow...

I'm so glad I found the tethering widget which is free and works great.

jseah

Reaction score
Elixir 2 widgets should be able to enable the stock hotspot

And I can confirm that the Elixir 2 Widgets works fine to enable to stock mobile hotspot and bypasses the Verizon authentication. Although when I try to use Elixir 2 Widgets on a Moto Razr MAXX with ICS (Android 4.0), it still goes through the Verizon provisioning so it doesn't work unless you have the MHS plan active with Verizon.

ppophil

Reaction score
Wifi tether w/o monthly fee

Do I need to install Foxfi for $6.99? How do I install the old version?

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Mine stopped working but it worked with jb so it was worth buying

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Droid Forums

jseah

Reaction score
Do I need to install Foxfi for $6.99? How do I install the old version?

You could also use Elixir Widget. It works fine to enable the built in mobile hotspot, but bypasses the Verizon provisioning. I can confirm it works on the Note 2 and the GS3, but it doesn't work on the Razr Maxx.

Chewyhaha

Reaction score
Hello to all. I'm new and had my Note 2 for about 3 days. Love it. Had a razr Maxx. Loved it too. Question. I used the Foxfi (older Version) and it also activated my verizon hot spot. Is it suppose to do that? I'm on Jelly bean. Thanks Guys, and Gals.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hello to all. I'm new and had my Note 2 for about 3 days. Love it. Had a razr Maxx. Loved it too. Question. I used the Foxfi (older Version) and it also activated my verizon hot spot. Is it suppose to do that? I'm on Jelly bean. Thanks Guys, and Gals.

Welcome to the forum.. I'm not currently using it but I remember going thru the app it would connect.. Although VZW Hotspot shows it doesn't give you the redirect..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》