1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

wifi tether slow

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by adiamond, Feb 7, 2010.

1. adiamond

adiamond New Member

I already happened to have had 2.01 installed

I successfully rooted via the instructions here (Droid Hack – How to Root Droid!)

and then successfully installed the wifi tether via wireless_tether_2_0-pre3_eclair.apk

It runs but it's so slow that my web pages on my test computer (a dell laptop running xp-sp3) just times out. I also tried this out using my kids itouch. The droid and the "clients" see each other and the upload/download stats show some xfer but over a minute and I don't think the download got over 15kB but it was never disconnected.

I imagine this isn't what to expect or I'd see lots of posts saying "this is unusable". So, given that I'm a complete nubie to this, I assume its me but I don't have a clue what to do about this.

Any advice appreciated.