Wifi Tether Question

alitke

Reaction score
Ok so yet again another question as I had no problems like this on my droid.
I start up wifi tether for root users from the market and it will not let me share my internet connection. I can use my laptop to connect to it but it has limited access and no ability to connect to the web.

So I thought hmm maybe its the app, yah it has to be that. So I downloaded the app "barnacle wifi tether" and still the exact same thing.

So I think hmm its the laptop so I tried my wifes laptop. Exact same thing can connect but says limited access and will not allow internet sharing.

I am on the new baseband, SkyRaider RC3. Any ideas?

Oh and so who ever reads this knows. I can use PDAnet and connect via the wired connection.

Last edited:

Noobish

Reaction score
i tried this, couldn't get it to work. my mac doesnt even find the network name. all i want is free wifi tether.

ljw

Reaction score
I am having a very similar problem. Rooted incredible, Ruby ROM, using Wireless Tether. The computer sees and connects to the phone. The 3G indicator is on, yet I cannot connect to the network. Access control is off. The log has green "done"s all the way down. The app indicates that I have .4kB down and .1kB up. Barnacle does not work any better. This is KILLING me, as the ROM does not have the Verizon 3G Mobile app. Therefore, right now, I cannot tether wirelessly. PLEASE help.

SOLUTION FOUND: OLD WIRELESS TETHER. UPDATE HERE SOLVED ISSUE http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/detail?name=wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre11.apk&can=2&q=

Last edited: