Wifi Tether or SQL Editor Lite?

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Ok, not trying to beat a dead horse or ask "how" to tether. I'm already doing that. My question is...

...so which is better for tethering???

I actually got both working on my phone, but wondering what's really the difference???

I've done a speed test and the results were about the same. I did notice with Wifi Tether tho my "Mobile Hotspot" was not active (ie. the box is unchecked and the green icon that was in the notification bar isn't there either). I was still tethering tho.

Anyone???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jesziicuh

Reaction score
from ehat I've seen on the foums is that if you use sq lite to hack the built in tether verizon can track you tethered data usage.
people highly advise against using this method your contract can be cancelled and you could pay the disconnection fee

OP
jjbinks82

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Well, my Bionic has been rooted from day one and I've used the SQL Editor hack since its discovery. Knock on wod, but I have yet to be unplugged.

Last edited:

SP120k

Reaction score
I used 23GB last month and a lot of that was tethered using the sqlite editor tethering hack. So far so good.

psychdroid

Reaction score
I was told the SQL Editor hack is against VZW policy and they can cancel your contract, not sure if its true or not (you are using there service though) i'd be care with how much your tethering

OP
jjbinks82

jjbinks82

Reaction score
I used 23GB last month and a lot of that was tethered using the sqlite editor tethering hack. So far so good.

Dang!

Yeah, knock on wood, so far do good here too!!

Anyways, from my experience so far Verizon's wifi tether is much more stable than Wifi Tether app.

Last edited: