WiFi Tether not working after 2.2 upgrade

Reaction score
I was 2.1 rooted with WiFI tether woring and updated to 2.2 this morning. When I try to start wifi tether it says "Unable to start tethering. Please try again!" This is from when I press the icon - Press to start tethering. - Any idea? I have done battery pulls, unistalled and reinstalled the app. Tried turning on WiFi before starting up tether and none of these things have worked. this has been the only thing that I have noticed not working, for me.

uptheforest

Reaction score
it works fine for me but i never had it until today. did you somehow manage to lose su privileges? do you still get the pop up?

thats the only other thing i can think of besides trying a factory reset?

OP
dunefreak91910
Reaction score
I still have the su ninja app showing up. The tether app has not asked for me to grant permission, though, and under the su permissions there is nothing listed with permission. Can I possibly have the su app showing up and not actually have root?

uptheforest

Reaction score
did you move su from bin to xbin before you updated? try using terminal emulator and typing in su and see if the # appears

if it denies access then it is possible that you lost root.

i did hear that you can reroot this update though

OP
dunefreak91910
Reaction score
That was it. I lost root. I thought I did it correctly but I opbviously goofed it up. I guess I am now back to using my hotspot and trying to figure out how to root 2.2.

wsbsteven

Reaction score
rootexplorer won't mount/unmount system anymore for me either but droidrootpro still works.

+1 about rootexplorer.

I can't find droidrootpro in the market. I also can't find autostarts.

Droidrootpro is abandoned and no longer visible in the market so that's why you can't see it. The manual way of mounting using the terminal should still work.

just4747

Reaction score
Quadrant tests mess up and go to all black till I exit out or put the phone to sleep, anyone else?

Polosport

Reaction score
This happened to me and I went to applications > manage applications > wifi tether > clear data.

Once I did that, reopened the app and got the SU request. Bam... working.

scf

Reaction score
Tried my hotspot last night. (hey, wait that doesn't sound good)

Barnacle started just fine, and my wife's laptop found my droid. But she couldn't connect.

Hmmmm, found this on barnacle's website, guess the search button really DOES work.

http://szym.net/projects/barnacle/index.html#adhoc

Gonna try it next time I have a few mins.