Wifi tether not connecting on laptop

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by me85222, May 5, 2012.

1. me85222

me85222 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay im sure there is a post on here that has the info I need but I looked for a few hours and cannot find anything. I have a Droid X2 with gingerbread it is rooted with the one click root, I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I am trying to use Barnacle Wifi tether. The tether seems to be working okay on the phone itself the log shows no fails and says running at the bottim log. The encryption is on with a simple password so I cant screw that up, the channel I have changed several times to get it to work. The laptop recognizes the tether, when I try to connect I get a password request after I enter the password it never does connect until it finally times out.

2. sherylhs

sherylhs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about the wifi tether you have, but I have used Easy-tether very successfully for a couple of years. I upgraded (for 9.99) when I first got it so I could go to secure sites and have since transfered it t three phones. The developer responds within hours of info requests.

I have used it on the original Droid, the Droid X and now on the Droid Razr.

You don't need the upgraded version for general surfing, but you can't beat a one-time fee for tethered wi-fi. I highly recommend it.

Good luck.
    ~S

3. snowman

snowman Member

Ratings:
    +7
    skip the password protect and run open see if that works

Search tags for this page
cannot connect laptop to droid4 tethering
how to tether droid x2 to laptop
how to tethering your verizon droid x2 to a toshiba laptop
laptop connects to wifi but not phone tether