Wifi Tether Issues

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by mrz123, Mar 5, 2011.

1. mrz123

mrz123 New Member

I have been having wifi tether problems in BB 0.6.2

I enable wifi tether, then connect on my laptop, but only about 1/2 of the time does my Droid actually vibrate and notify me that a connection had been made. And then only 1/2 of the time does the internet connection actually run.

After continuous restarts, it eventually starts working, but why is it being so finicky?

Any suggestions?
  2. Champers

Champers New Member

I was having similar issues with Wireless Tether for Root Users. I tried barnacle tether from the market and it seems to work better now.
  3. MackAV

MackAV New Member

Iv'e been able to tether wi-fi using the Google wi-fi tether app to anything except my Linux machine since I got my Droid. My windows machine, other people's phones... just not my Linux (Ububtu) machine.:icon_evil:

The only way to tether to it is USB.
  4. y0manda

y0manda New Member

I have been able to connect to wifi tether just fine from wii, ubuntu, xp, xoom, and ipad

Sent from my Droid
  5. mrz123

mrz123 New Member

Thanks, I tried Barnacle and it seems to be better, still some slowdowns though where I needed to reload pages a few times.

I really want to get wifi tether working perfectly as I am in the market for a tablet (possibly Xoom) and want to be able to tether it to my droid sans issues.