WiFi Tether in ICS .230

bbucks36

Reaction score
lol sorry but thats your issue... liquid smooth is a good rom.. but for bionic its not complete..

muffins7497

Reaction score
lol sorry but thats your issue... liquid smooth is a good rom.. but for bionic its not complete..
i know i wasn't crazy.. thanks.. i guess you are running stock and not a different rom?
do you know if any rom that i can use that have the setup?

grgguy

Reaction score
have to be rooted and have to get the sql lite editor from market..2 bucks i think... then navigate too setting storage(the one with the hammer and wrench) then settings.db...then settings... then navigate to number 79 entitlement_check... change the 1 to 0..thats it... ive used this since the phone first came out and never had a issue with verizon billing me extra.. so use at your own risk...

edit: this is for bionic.. noticed in your profile you have droid x2.. not sure if that will work

OkI'm running ics 2233 and have looked in sql .. I don't have a # " 79" however I did find "147 " and it's called entitlement_check Is this the same as 79 when running gingerbread ?

powrful1

Reaction score
OkI'm running ics 2233 and have looked in sql .. I don't have a # " 79" however I did find "147 " and it's called entitlement_check Is this the same as 79 when running gingerbread ?

Yes

Sent from my Bionic on ICS 232 w/ Tapatalk™

grgguy

Reaction score
Yes

Nope didn't work . Foxfi works fine? Wireless tether for root users(3.1-beta14) does not. I can see it and connect to it but it wont connect to the web . Am I doing something wrong?

powrful1

Reaction score
That was my exact experience, so as long as Foxfi works I am good.

nateohio

Reaction score
Where can we find Foxfi? I've been using wireless tether and that obviously hasn't been working for me.

wseyller

Reaction score
Nope didn't work . Foxfi works fine? Wireless tether for root users(3.1-beta14) does not. I can see it and connect to it but it wont connect to the web . Am I doing something wrong?

I believe the entitlement hack is for the use of the built in mobile hotspot app, not for third party tether apps.

I did the entitlement hack. I had to reboot but it works. On ICS 232 leak.

grgguy

Reaction score
I believe the entitlement hack is for the use of the built in mobile hotspot app, not for third party tether apps.

I did the entitlement hack. I had to reboot but it works. On ICS 232 leak.

Ok , So your saying that I should try and run the stock hotspot ?
Is there a fix for the wifi tether , I have used that app for years and I'm very comfortable with it. Running Verizon's hotspot seems like it would be very detrimental to my wallet.

wseyller

Reaction score
Ok , So your saying that I should try and run the stock hotspot ?
Is there a fix for the wifi tether , I have used that app for years and I'm very comfortable with it. Running Verizon's hotspot seems like it would be very detrimental to my wallet.

The entitlement is only for the purpose of the stock hotspot. It is just for authentication purposes to allow the use of the stock hotspot. I don't think it makes any different to wifi tether.

I would also rather use wifi tether.

grgguy

Reaction score
The entitlement is only for the purpose of the stock hotspot. It is just for authentication purposes to allow the use of the stock hotspot. I don't think it makes any different to wifi tether.

I would also rather use wifi tether.

So you have ran it without consequence

wseyller

Reaction score
So you have ran it without consequence

I am not saying you won't be subject to consequences. I'm just saying it works. I have used it a handful of times many months ago. Otherwise I have always used the wifi tether app or pdanet which I had purchased long before my bionic. I got the stock hotspot working for me currently. I don't know if I will use it anymore. I have seen many people use the stock hotspot for many months without consequence so far. It works, but at your own risk. I have tethered alot since my V3m Razr on Verizon. So far with every method and every phone I have not had an issue with Verizon nor have I heard of anyone else EVER that could prove it.