WiFi Tether in ICS .230

OP
R

Regulator

Reaction score
I actually had to go download the 3.2 beta 1 it was in there and it works great now

Verify your version number. To my knowledge 3.1 beta 14 is the most current

Edit: found it on the site
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

player52

Reaction score
Verify your version number. To my knowledge 3.1 beta 14 is the most current

Edit: found it on the site

ive vbeen trying to get mine to work with both foxfi and wifi tether for root users

ive tried chaning profiles and what not and still nothing so im stuck using pdanet until their is something i can use

OP
R

Regulator

Reaction score
ive vbeen trying to get mine to work with both foxfi and wifi tether for root users

ive tried chaning profiles and what not and still nothing so im stuck using pdanet until their is something i can use

Foxfi is the only thing working for me. Even the new wifi tether 3.2 pre 1 doesnt work

player52

Reaction score
Foxfi is the only thing working for me. Even the new wifi tether 3.2 pre 1 doesnt work

already tried that and it didn't work for me

ive deleted cache and still nothing mind sharing the steps you did to get it to work.

OP
R

Regulator

Reaction score
already tried that and it didn't work for me

ive deleted cache and still nothing mind sharing the steps you did to get it to work.

No real steps, just turned it on and got lucky it started working

gordz24

Reaction score
I put foxfi on my phone, and put pdanet tablet on my hp touchpad with ICS, and used a wifi tether connection (not the bluetooth) and the tethering works.

player52

Reaction score
still cant get anything to work for internet connection i have to use pdanet and its a huge hassle when im texting

bbucks36

Reaction score
have you tried the built in sql hot spot hack ...works flawlessly.. the wifi tether app is being rebuilt for phones that will get the OTA ICS.. there not going to fix it from just a leak

player52

Reaction score
bbucks36 said:
have you tried the built in sql hot spot hack ...works flawlessly.. the wifi tether app is being rebuilt for phones that will get the OTA ICS.. there not going to fix it from just a leak

No I have not mind sharing the link?

bbucks36

Reaction score
have to be rooted and have to get the sql lite editor from market..2 bucks i think... then navigate too setting storage(the one with the hammer and wrench) then settings.db...then settings... then navigate to number 79 entitlement_check... change the 1 to 0..thats it... ive used this since the phone first came out and never had a issue with verizon billing me extra.. so use at your own risk...

edit: this is for bionic.. noticed in your profile you have droid x2.. not sure if that will work

muffins7497

Reaction score
have to be rooted and have to get the sql lite editor from market..2 bucks i think... then navigate too setting storage(the one with the hammer and wrench) then settings.db...then settings... then navigate to number 79 entitlement_check... change the 1 to 0..thats it... ive used this since the phone first came out and never had a issue with verizon billing me extra.. so use at your own risk...

edit: this is for bionic.. noticed in your profile you have droid x2.. not sure if that will work
are you running ice or reg 905?
i use to run this when i had 902 awhile back.. now i have ice and the setting for sqlite is different then for
reg stock sqlite editing. ice does not have the same interface as stock.
when you first open the sqlite in ice.. you said:"hammer and wrench" don't see that
anyway, went into settings and storage.. saw:settings.db.. under setting.db you get
android_metatdata
bluetooth_device