1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

wifi tether has suddenly started dropping signal after 1 minute

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by walker77, Dec 22, 2012.

1. walker77

walker77 New Member

Up until this week, WI-FI tether has been working perferct. Im rooted on stock rom. I tried using it last night and after about 1 minute of using the tether app, i drop the signal on my laptop and Ipad. It works perfect until it drops signal. Im getting up to 13mbps on the speed test. Then after 1 minute passes it drops signal. I dont get it. Ive tried everything I can think of to get it working again. I havent changed anything on the phone, unless something was updated that i didnt know about.

Any suggestions?
  2. stolen678

stolen678 New Member

Are you talking about the root app "Wifi Tether"? I personally just use mobile hotspot and go through 30 gigabytes a month (thank god for unlimited data) but I would try uninstalling the application and re installing it.
  3. walker77

walker77 New Member

Yes, im talking about the root app. I finally got it to work. I think it had something to do with the stay awake feature. Not sure why and i dont remember messing with the settings.
Search tags for this page
3g signal drops when tethering
galaxy nexus wi-fi tether losing signal

rooted s3 wifi keeps dropping out

samsung 4 tethering dropping

samsung galaxy 3 tethering dropped code 1
samsung s3 wifi tether drop out

samsung s3 wifi tethering dropping

samsung s3 wifi tethering keeps on dropping

tether x dropping signal

tethering signal droppoing
thunderbolt rooted tethering drop