wifi tether has suddenly started dropping signal after 1 minute

walker77

Reaction score
Up until this week, WI-FI tether has been working perferct. Im rooted on stock rom. I tried using it last night and after about 1 minute of using the tether app, i drop the signal on my laptop and Ipad. It works perfect until it drops signal. Im getting up to 13mbps on the speed test. Then after 1 minute passes it drops signal. I dont get it. Ive tried everything I can think of to get it working again. I havent changed anything on the phone, unless something was updated that i didnt know about.

Any suggestions?

stolen678

Reaction score
Are you talking about the root app "Wifi Tether"? I personally just use mobile hotspot and go through 30 gigabytes a month (thank god for unlimited data) but I would try uninstalling the application and re installing it.

OP
W

walker77

Reaction score
Are you talking about the root app "Wifi Tether"? I personally just use mobile hotspot and go through 30 gigabytes a month (thank god for unlimited data) but I would try uninstalling the application and re installing it.

Yes, im talking about the root app. I finally got it to work. I think it had something to do with the stay awake feature. Not sure why and i dont remember messing with the settings.