Wifi-tether- for android

pool_shark

Reaction score
The only thing I had to do was change the channel. I had selected 12 but it didn't show up on my PC, I changed it to 6 and it worked.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing I had to do was change the channel. I had selected 12 but it didn't show up on my PC, I changed it to 6 and it worked.

That's what I set it to as well - channel 6.

Odd....you had wep and access control both on as well?

Must be some configuration difference between our PCs or something, just won't work for me...

pool_shark

Reaction score

That's what I set it to as well - channel 6.

Odd....you had wep and access control both on as well?

Must be some configuration difference between our PCs or something, just won't work for me...

Yes, I have WEP and access control. It appears that the key has to be either 5 or 13 characters, no more, no less.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree barnacle works better for access control with the d2.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I agree barnacle works better for access control with the d2.

So why not for me! :)

My key is 13 characters...everything is set up right and it's not working...

I made mine 5 relatively simple characters. I turn it on then scan for networks on my PC. I see barnacle (no I didn't change the name, didn't see the need), I connect to it, put in the password and I connect.
Initially it won't let me on the net because I have to go back and allow it via AC, then it works just fine.

I did have a problem once when I changed the key to something more difficult.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get the same results..."Waiting for users to connect to the ad hoc network" message on my PC.

Tried turning off wep entirely, turning off access control, set SSID back to Barnacle...just will not work for me. Weird. I've changed no other settings from defaults.

My computer sees the SSID, connects to it, but then after connecting it doesn't complete the "identifying" step to get an IP, and ends up showing connected but no access and the "waiting for users to connect" message appears in the networking center on the connection and when I hover over the status-bar connection icon on my PC.

Data traffic shows zero, clients shows no clients.

Oh well...not for me I guess.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I get the same results..."Waiting for users to connect to the ad hoc network" message on my PC.

Tried turning off wep entirely, turning off access control, set SSID back to Barnacle...just will not work for me. Weird. I've changed no other settings from defaults.

My computer sees the SSID, connects to it, but then after connecting it doesn't complete the "identifying" step to get an IP, and ends up showing connected but no access and the "waiting for users to connect" message appears in the networking center on the connection and when I hover over the status-bar connection icon on my PC.

Data traffic shows zero, clients shows no clients.

Oh well...not for me I guess.

Did you ever get this working?
I hadn't used Barnacle in a while, but I tried it after the update and it no longer works like it did.
I read the notes and it says that 2.2 no longer supports it that way. So now you have to disable WEP and check the skip wpa_supplicant.
It still uses access control though.

Vortec6

Reaction score
Make sure you don't have access control enabled.
From what I was told you have to have a kernel that allows access control in order to use that feature.

Wow, i was having problems with mine and as soon as i did that it was fixed thanx!