1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wifi tether clarification

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by Lukerative, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Lukerative

Lukerative New Member

Hello dedicated community,

I have a rooted DX and am currently using the app "wireless tether", a free one from the market . I am going on a road trip across the country with some friends and was hoping that the wifi tether would let more than one of us use the internet at a time, however when testing it out at home, I can't get any pages to load. Both computers tell me they are connected, and the wifi tether app acknowledges their presence, but I think there's an error with "enabling access control". I thought the point of wireless tether was so that you could share the connection, I might've misunderstood though.

If you have any suggestions as to an app that would let me do that (free or not, I don't care anymore), or tips on different settings I should use to try this (both computers are macs, btdubs), I would be greatly appreciative.
  2. compchick813

compchick813 New Member

Try adding a passphrase (so it's not unsecured) and then turning off access control. Hope that works!
  3. Lukerative

Lukerative New Member

You, are a lifesaver! Worked like a charm, thanks!