WIFI Teathering Please help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Bonezmahoney, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Bonezmahoney

Bonezmahoney New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried to follow the steps that I have found on this web site but for some reason non of them seem to have any luck with me. I tried using the simple wifi teather app that is here and also doing all those steps but still nothing. Can someone please help??? I am updated with Superuser but thats it.

2. miamidroid

miamidroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    jsut copy and paste the commands you see on the adb shell.. not really much that can go wrong..

3. mekishiko

mekishiko Member

Ratings:
    +0

Also try posting your question in the related already existing thread.

If you already did, then be patient and wait until someone wants to help you.

LessClutterKthnx! ;)

4. blake2050

blake2050 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Be more specific please. Exactly how far have you gone? What do you mean by "but still nothing". Any particular step you are having problems with? Since you say you are updated with super user and thats all im guessing you are stuck on step 2? Do you even have adb installed yet with the usb driver?

5. Newton122189

Newton122189 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    have adb set up so the sdk is in this location C:\android\tools, add your PATH in windows { Control Panel>seach for "system path">edit environmental varibles>double click PATH } add C:\android\tools\ on to the end of what is already there, make sure there is a semi colon ";" before you type the C in path, the semi colon separates what is already there from what you just added, also no space in the PATH, after you do that hit OK, OK, OK and then you should be able to just double click on the wirelesstether.exe and it will open command prompt on its own and install to the phone, make sure you have debugging mode enabled

6. Bonezmahoney

Bonezmahoney New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I have done what you said and say's ('adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.)

But when I try to do it myself in a regular command it say's permission denied

7. Bonezmahoney

Bonezmahoney New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have rooted my droid and installed the drivers and installed DroidRootHelper. I have done the steps within the DroidRootHelper and everything. I have followed steps from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d-wifi-tether-wireless-tether-root-users.html
    AND
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tether-patcher-one-click-solution-2-x-12.html

8. Newton122189

Newton122189 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    go to cmd prompt and type adb shell and tell me what you get

9. Bonezmahoney

Bonezmahoney New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    money sign

10. Newton122189

Newton122189 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, read through this

Installation | Sholes

see if any of that info clears anything up, i have to go to class, i'll be back later today, sorry

11. Bonezmahoney

Bonezmahoney New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing that comes up now is permission denied

12. farnz

farnz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same issue. Download Android Terminal Emulator by Jack Palevich from the Marketplace. Run the program. You should have a blue screen terminal emulation window on the Droid. The all in one script should work or you can use the copy and paste method from the original directions. I did a combination of both to get everything working. For whatever reason, su would not work until I installed the terminal emulator and ran it. I had the exact same problem/error as you. Then on the PC, when I typed su a permission dialog appeared on the Droid. Clicked allow, ran the script, and I am enjoying WIFI tethering as we speak. Good luck.

13. evilsock

evilsock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok people seem to get hung on this,
    when u are pushing a file from pc to droid, you DO NOT type "adb shell" in the "run" window, u type "cmd" THEN for final step u can use terminal on phone or type"adb shell" in the "run" window, i think people are typing "adb shell" in for the push commands which will not work, i hope this helps.

14. Bonezmahoney

Bonezmahoney New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Heres the update I got a app now that says wireless tether for root users and I turn wifi tether on but the kb down and kB up still show 0 so it's not sending or receiving anything

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  15. farnz

farnz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, had the same issue. Then it actually connected but didn't have an IP address on the computer, ipod, etc. After 3-5 minutes it would start to work but at a very slow speed. Did a reset, same thing. Pulled the battery later that night for something else, and when I tested the WiFi Tether the next day, everything was fine. Hope that fixes your problem.