Wifi status says "error"

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by Nezdude87, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Nezdude87

Nezdude87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Motorola Milestone A854 (same as Droid just to make sure everyone knows that). I had CM7 installed, but had a problem keeping apps running in the background. Turns out, Gingerbread isn't really made for og Droids from what I've read on forums and my searches in Google. I recently installed CM6, and overall it's more stable, but when I flash another kernel I ALWAYS get "error" under my wifi setting in the menu, and it won't turn on. The stock kernel is fine, but I'd like to go up to 1Ghz like before. Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a fix for it? I've searched and searched and can't find a solution anywhere. I can find where others have this problem, but it's never answered clearly for them.

2. Nezdude87

Nezdude87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have an idea?

Sent from my Milestone using DroidForums

3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Nez,

The generic "fix" for wifi issues is usually to go into settings and "forget" the particular network. Basically erase it from memory, and set it up again. Perhaps you have tried this, but just in case......

Craig

edit: Almost forgot, but you need to make sure that you are not using any of the newer GB kernels, as I would suspect that some may work, others not so much.

Search tags for this page
asus transformer connection error in wifi
atix wifi error android

atrix wifi error fix

cm7 wifi error

motorola atrix wifi error fix

my wifi on my milestone 3 is saying error
when i am not home motorola atrix gives a network error. wil
why does my motorola atrix say wifi error
wifi
wifi error android