wifi settings

rjm5151

Reaction score
Is there a setting that makes the wireless go off....after ive been off for a while it goes off and i cant toggle back on the wireless control

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. Are you sure you don't have any apps that might affect this?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a setting that makes the wireless go off....after ive been off for a while it goes off and i cant toggle back on the wireless control

There are both internal settings and app influenced settings that control WiFi access. I've found on some occasions that several of my apps "battle" one another for control of WiFi (when a network is found.)

In general, go to "Settings > Wireless & networks" to control your phone's use of WiFi. But if you have other apps/widgets that control WiFi access either manually or automatically, you may find they conflict with one another in the presence or absence of a WiFi signal.

P.S. "Battery saver" applications such as "Y5 Battery Helper" seem to be especially resistant to manual intervention.

Last edited:

dylanthecat

Reaction score
By default WIFI goes to sleep when the screen goes blank. This could be what you are seeing.

Silver Member
Reaction score
can you explain, "after i've been off for a while..."?

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
Usually it will be like after im on my home network for an hour or something. Its not a huge deal just wanted to see if there was something i was missing. I'll keep an eye o the suggestions here see if i find rt changing.

Thanks for all the feedback

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
Usually it will be like after im on my home network for an hour or something. Its not a huge deal just wanted to see if there was something i was missing. I'll keep an eye o the suggestions here see if i find rt changing.

Thanks for all the feedback

Edit just explored and realized there is advanced settings for the wireless.....it musta been bc i had sleep when screen goes black checked. I switched to never..
bet that will solve my problems.

I know longpresses and such can get you deeper into programs..

Never seem to notice sometimes til its pointed out by someone

Scribble

Reaction score
hehe when I first lo0oked at this topic I thought it said "Wife Settings..."

jrowe

Reaction score
I am having a problem that sounds like its the same thing. It never did this until while I was on vacation and used WiFi at a different location other than home. Now I have to toggle the WiFi off and back on before it will connect to my home network.Then the next time I use it the WiFi will be disconnected again and it will not connect until I toggle it again. Any Ideas ?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have been using WeFi Connect, a free app since day one. It will autoconnect to my home wireless (remembered) as well as several locations I have stored. If it is unfamiliar with a new spot, you will have to manually connect once and then it remembers. Hope that helps someone!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am having a problem that sounds like its the same thing. It never did this until while I was on vacation and used WiFi at a different location other than home. Now I have to toggle the WiFi off and back on before it will connect to my home network.Then the next time I use it the WiFi will be disconnected again and it will not connect until I toggle it again. Any Ideas ?

Try "Y5 Battery Saver." It will handle it for you automatically by turning on and off WiFi and recognizing WiFi networks (such as your home) that it has been connected to in the past.

billyidle

Reaction score
All you have to do is go into Wifi settings, hit Menu for advanced settings, and set sleep mode to Never. No app needed

jrowe

Reaction score
I have rebooted the phone and tried different settings. I have not rebooted the router but will try that as well.
Thanks

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
All you have to do is go into Wifi settings, hit Menu for advanced settings, and set sleep mode to Never. No app needed

even after doing this i still have the same thing happen. Wireless will all of the sudden no longer be connected and the toggle on the power widget and the option in the settings menu will go Grey and will say wireless turning off. The only way to get rid of this is to reboot the phone. Even at a new location setting will stay the same. I haven't rebooted my phone all day because I haven't been using wireless and the option has been grayed out since i was on a friends wireless last nite.