WiFi Scan, router not found

mrapollinax

Reaction score
Try also running with TKIP only and see if that works. I'd be curious to see what happens then.

Damien

Reaction score
Oddly, the router does not offer that option.. just TKIP and AES or AES.. Before anyone else asks, I do have the most recent firmware on the router.

Broadcasting SSID, Mixed BGN signal with WPA2 Personal security with AES only. and it's working just fine.

-Damien

mikedav1

Reaction score
So, unless the router sends SSID, no go with droid? They will not turn that on at office. So, if it is on, I connect and then SSID is hidden, the connection goes away as well.
What a revoltin circumstance.:icon_eek:

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Got mine to connect.

Had to un-hide the SSID, made the DRoid connect then went back and hid the SSID and it connected OK...

Who knows why?? one of those things

Ron W.

FearLES

Reaction score
FIXED - same problem (Connected - but can't browse)

I had the same issue ... I could find the SSID, connect to the Linksys WRT160N Router, authenticate with the proper ID... but could not surf the web.

I connected to my router (192.168.1.1) and under WIRELESS SECURITY OPTIONS changed the Encryption from (TKIP or AES) to (AES) ... and presto, it started working.

FYI ... changed it BACK to TKIP or AES ... and it STILL WORKS ! !

Goofy - but I'm happy to have gotten it working.

ziauddin

Reaction score
wifi

what u need to do is take the power off the router and plug it back then in few min it will show up on your droid aris what is happenning is rouer have to assign ip adress for each device you got three laptops they have already assign ip adress.ihope i answer your question.

UOTE=coggs;137851]I have a home Wi-Fi setup using a Linksys WRT160N V2 router. No issues at all with my 3 laptops and wireless printer - yet neither of my Droid Eris phones detect the Wi-Fi even with a scan request. It's not the commonly reported problem of detecting but subsequently dropping the link. It never finds it! I do pick up several near open W-Fi networks, just not my own. I've tried to manually set it up by entering the Network SSID, security type (WPA2 Personal), and password all to no avail. I am set up with AES encryption. I have done searches here but hard to match up similar issues with various solutions. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]