WiFi question

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jigsawkilr, Dec 8, 2009.

1. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

At work I have WiFi. I have the security code to get access to it. When I try to connect to the network with my Droid it shows the Network,tries to connect, but then disconnects. When I click on the network below it says remembered but when I click on it it gives me the option to connect,forget or cancel. If I click connect it says disconnected. I have never had to enter a password. What do I need to do? Thanks in advance.:icon_eek:
  2. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

When you look at the icon for the network, does it show a lock on the icon (Secured network)?

If it is secured (as it theoretically should be) Is the network WEP? WPA? WPA2?
  3. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

That I tried to mention. There isn't a lock icon on the network however I know it is secured. I'm lost as well. At home mine is secured and when it was found I had to enter my password and it connected so I figured work would be the same way. Hope that helps. Still thankful to anyone who can help me.
  4. Caindris

Caindris New Member

What kind of network do you have? We have a Cisco wireless manager that lets me manage all the devices that connect and I can lock them out based on MAC address and some other neat little tools.

It could also be the encryption. A quick google search seems to point that the droid doesn't seem to like WPA2, but I don't know enough to give full support.
  5. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

Thanks for everyones help. It has me confused as well. I wonder if I can delete it from my droid and try finding it again? Or should I try reseting the router?
  6. Loyrl

Loyrl Member

You can remove it from your phone and try again, also if you are not broadcasting your ssid you won't be able to connect to the network.