WiFi problems?

cool318

Reaction score
Anyone having WiFi problems?

It may just be my school's wifi..but usually it works for me on my phone. Ever since i updated to ICS, my wifi hasn't worked at all..

diablo81588

Reaction score
Anyone having WiFi problems?

It may just be my school's wifi..but usually it works for me on my phone. Ever since i updated to ICS, my wifi hasn't worked at all..

No problems here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
C

cool318

Reaction score
Okay so after i installed ICS, i did a factory reset.Would that have messed something up for my wifi connection?

josh1980

Reaction score
If your wifi needs an encryption key, you have lost the key because of the reset....

Other than that, I don't have any good ideas. Wifi shouldn't really have been affected much by ICS.

OP
C

cool318

Reaction score
If your wifi needs an encryption key, you have lost the key because of the reset....

Other than that, I don't have any good ideas. Wifi shouldn't really have been affected much by ICS.

I mean it's the Universities internet so i just need my Username and Password but it doesn't work at all for some reason..

it's pretty strange..

but the Wi-Fi here is known for being awful.

bcoots

Reaction score
I have had a problem staying on WiFi, both at home and at work.

Have strong signals at both locations, and the phone will (sometimes) connect, but doesn't want to stay connected. If I power off the phone and then restart (kinda like a desktop computer) then it will sometimes connect again. I have pulled the battery several times, and that will also help, but it still eventually drops the connection.

When this happens, the phone can detect the network, it just won't connect.

byount

Reaction score
bcoots said:
I have had a problem staying on WiFi, both at home and at work.

Have strong signals at both locations, and the phone will (sometimes) connect, but doesn't want to stay connected. If I power off the phone and then restart (kinda like a desktop computer) then it will sometimes connect again. I have pulled the battery several times, and that will also help, but it still eventually drops the connection.

When this happens, the phone can detect the network, it just won't connect.

I too I am having this problem.

droidvj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
I'm having problems too at work (a University). Might be a problem when the phone has to automatically switch from one access point to another as I move around the buildings. I noticed even though I was right under an AP the phone would show a weak signal as if it was still connected to the last AP. Didn't have this problem before ICS.

roadpizza73

Reaction score
Hmmmm, lotsa posts, no solutions. My stock ICS WiFi rocks everywhere always EXCEPT if I try to use my wife's stock Bionic ICS hotspot FROM my stock Bionic ICS. The parts that make it difficult to diagnose is that My Bionic works on all other WiFi I've tried it on, AND my notebook computer rocks on the wife's hotspot even when my Bionic acts like it's on a 300 baud modem (giving away my age). The plot thickens - I get normal, expected ping times to the world from my fone through her fone hotspot. I've changed channels on her hotspot, no luck (we ARE out in the sticks, so there are NO other WiFi sigs here), I've changed the broadcast SSID, I've deleted and re-connected from my end, I've brought mine up in 'safe' mode, I even got drastic and did a full FDR on mine. NADA. It reminds me of a munged ARP or DNS lookup table, but I don't know just how to clear that in this OS... and besides, remember that my fone does just fine through any WiFi except her hotspot, and it doesn't make sense that it's her hotspot because my notebook puter rocks through it A-OK.

Someone please throw a rotten tomato at me and tell me the obvious fix I'm missing, please!

adTHANKSvance,

rp