1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wifi Problems.....

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by W1bird, Feb 1, 2010.

1. W1bird

W1bird New Member

I got bugless beast 7.2 last night and everything is working great. But Wifi wont start up at all. I was reading around and tried the whole tiwlan_drv.ko thing and that didn't fix it. I also read somewhere that if i delete my custom boot Img that would fix it, but im not sure how to do that.... Anyone with some advice/ insight..

TY
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Not sure if Pete is doing anything differently or not ... but since it's his ROM he should be able to help you ... what's his take on your issue??
  3. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

The tiwlan patch didn't work for me in adb shell but when I tried again using terminal emulator it fixed the wifi problem for me...
  4. W1bird

W1bird New Member

Ok thanks ill try using the term, emulator. So u just put the tiwlan file on ur sdcard then used the posted command line ande it worked?

Thanks guys
  5. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

I think so. I can't remember exactly where I found the commands I used. I think it was tasmanian droids support thread on alldroid...
  6. gee1785

gee1785 New Member

Having a similar problem, Wifi wont connect automatically. It will connect though if I go into the Wireless settings menu and hit refreash. Could this be something to do with the "-Longer Duration Between Wifi Scans Tweak *Battery Saver*" feature. How do you have your network setup? Mine has a hidden SSID with WPA2 PSK encryption. Im going to try and find out what he changed to enable this feature. The Wifi fix is supposed to be included already with his rom, so I dont think that is the problem.
Search tags for this page

terminal emulator