1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wifi problems

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by basr, Mar 4, 2011.

1. basr

basr New Member

I'm having problems connecting to my wifi:
    It was on mixed g/n with WPA2 with AES encryption, but I couldn't get any data transmitted. I did get connected though.

I changed router settings to N, with WPA2 with AES encryption, and that gives me some data, but intermittendly. 3G/HDSPA seems to be much faster as well.

What are other people's configurations for a wireless connection with the Droid Pro? I would like to stick with N, since my two laptops both support that.

My router is a TP-Link WR1043ND (Welcome to TP-LINK), that has run fine for the past year.
  2. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

I haven't had any problems using WiFI. My home setup is a Belkin router, 802.11 G, WEP. I have also had no problem connecting to WiFI at hotels etc, not sure what their set up was.
  3. basr

basr New Member

I failed to add that I don't have any problems on an unsecured network in work.
    Nor do I have problems with a WPA2 TKIP secured network with G speeds.

I did find some people in the Droid X section having problems with N networks. Are we using the same Wifi radio as them?
  4. theory87

theory87 New Member

I had the same problems until I switched my router to G only. It seems that the phone doesn't play well with the N standard.
  5. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

I used to have WiFi issues on my OG Droid. For example I couldn't have Bluetooth and WiFi on at times and in the notification bar I never had any bars for WiFi. My speeds where ok.

This happened on multiple routers I had but like you on a open network everything worked fine.

What I had to do was factory reset my router. For whatever reason factory reseting the thing made it work perfectly.
  6. ibemrsteve

ibemrsteve New Member

How can I find the WPA2 key so I can tether my driod x with my laptop? I've tried everything and can't get my driod to tether, but see it in the choices to choose from!!!!
  7. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

If you dont know the wpa2 key for your own wifi....well...

Usually your key will be one of the serial numbers on the router itself if the key is set to default. But Im stuck as to how you dont know your own wi-fi key.
  8. ibemrsteve

ibemrsteve New Member

I'm trying to tether from my driod x phone to my laptop. It's telling me that I need a WPA2 network key and figured that it has to be a key from the driod x since my router is linked to my laptop. Took my laptop out for a drive with me and on a road where do service was around, it still wants the WPA2 key, so this tells me that it's a key from the driod that I'm looking for I would think?
Search tags for this page
droid maxx with tp link

droid pro wifi problems

droid pro wifi trouble
droid razr m tp link wifi issues
is the droid razr maxx compatible with the quick link tl-wr1
motorola droid pro wifi issues
motorola droid pro wpa2
motorola pro plus wifi not working
s4 having trouble connecting to wifi
samsung s4 not connecting to wifi tp-link
tp link droid wifi issues