Wifi problems with CM?

Chillout

Reaction score
I've been on Liberty ever since I got my DX and to their credit it's been overall pretty stable and I enjoy the rom very much.

I tried switching to CM last night and the install went fine. I used the #2 option with the all in one installer and everything went good coming from Liberty 2.0.1. The only problem I have, and it's a big one, is that WIFI won't connect and GPS still won't work. the camera fix worked great.

When I did the install I didn't get the radio button error like the instructions said but I did flash the zip a second time just to be safe anyways. I read on some threads that CM has some issues with certain types of routers?

Anyone else have this? Also the GPS still doesn't work. It will turn on but when I try to use it, it just searches for the signal constantly.

razorloves

Reaction score
flash the newest nightly. you're missing a lot of fixes that have been put in.

OP
Chillout

Chillout

Reaction score
Trying that now, I was able to download the newest nightly via rom manager but when I select the option to boot into recovery to install it the phone doesn't reboot?

OP
Chillout

Chillout

Reaction score
I made sure to flash the Droid X Init 2 in ClockworkMod Recovery inside Rom Manager.

I can get to Recovery if I manually reboot but not thru rom manager.

razorloves

Reaction score
if you've already downloaded it with rom manager, boot into recovery with the power button then flash the rom zip. it will be in /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/download.cyanogenmod.com/get

dont forget to flash gapps and all in one fix.

OP
Chillout

Chillout

Reaction score
yep I flashed gapps and the all in one fix. I booted manually via your instructions and that worked great. I am now on nightly 25.

I appreciate the help very much. I'll test out the wifi here shortly when I go home over lunch.

OP
Chillout

Chillout

Reaction score
Wifi works great, camera works too. Will try out GPS tonight but I'm assuming it should be fine.