WIFI problem.

dolpns13

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my WIFI for some reason it does not seem to be working correctly. When I turn on the WIFI (in my house) from beautiful widgets, I always used ot get the icon to tell me the WIFI was on. Tonight when I tried, I hit the widget, but nothing happened, when I went into settings, it continually loops from obtaining IP address from my modem - disconnected - connecting - scanning - disconnected - obtaining IP address etc... it keeps going though the procedure, but it wont connect.. Can some one please help? I have never had this problem before. Usually I just turn on the widget, and its all good from there

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
restart your droid.

that doesnt work restart the router

if that doesn't work, just make the connection over again

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
It still keeps on doing it.. I have no clue what could have happened.. I was out and tried connecting to another WiFi signal. perhaps this had something to do with it?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
no the droid stores it's memory on what wifi networks it's connected to.

have you recently updated your router settings or anything?

Metalunna

Reaction score
Is your Wifi SSID hidden?
There seems to be an issue with 2.2 (differnet droid models- rooted and unrooted) and hidden SSIDs.

FOr instance, my SSID is hidden and my Wifi indicator always says POOR even when I am right next to the router. As soon as I broadcast my SSID, the indicator displays correctly.

A few of us tested this and we are able to duplicate it over and over.
I sometimes have the issue you are having where the decive wont connect..it just loops at "obtaining IP address"

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...70898-wifi-issues-rooted-froyo-droid-1-a.html

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
no the droid stores it's memory on what wifi networks it's connected to.

have you recently updated your router settings or anything?
nope. i did try connecting to another wifi network - it did not connect because the netowrk was secure - this is when i started having these issues. When I got home, it wouldnt connect to my router. I never had this problem once sinc ive owned the phone, or since i rooted it over a month ago

Called tech support.. they have no clue

Last edited:
OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Is your Wifi SSID hidden?
There seems to be an issue with 2.2 (differnet droid models- rooted and unrooted) and hidden SSIDs.

FOr instance, my SSID is hidden and my Wifi indicator always says POOR even when I am right next to the router. As soon as I broadcast my SSID, the indicator displays correctly.

A few of us tested this and we are able to duplicate it over and over.
I sometimes have the issue you are having where the decive wont connect..it just loops at "obtaining IP address"

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...70898-wifi-issues-rooted-froyo-droid-1-a.html

Lol.. thanks for sending this to me but im not really comuter savy.. i really have no idea what that meant.. It seems though that my wifi wont even connect.. just keeps looping from obtaining to connecting to disconnecting, to turning on and off.. I was just on the phine with both Verizon and Motorola and they had no clue.. dinks

Last edited:

A.E.S.

Reaction score
are you still having this problem?

If not...how did you fix it?
I had the Widgets for a month or two, the my phone did the same thing last month. I uninstalled the app...and it STILL does it.
Started thinking it was my phone until I recently talked to a friend who it happened to...and also had Beautiful Widgets wifi toggle, also uninstalled, and also kept having the problem.
I read some comments on the app...and SEVERAL others are having the same Issues. I emailed the developer,but people say they don't respond.
The only solution I heard is resetting your phone...
please tell me you found a better fix...?