WIFI Problem

DBionic

Reaction score
My Bionic shows that I am connected to my wifi network but I can not use the browser to get online.
I also cannot use with email. I do have wpa security but it shows that its connected with GOOD
signal strength. I searched and a few others are having similar problems but no answer........
appreciate any suggestions

beerboyone

Reaction score
I'm having similar issues with my bionic. I'm on a non secured network. It shows wifi connected but also shows 3G active but the icons don't turn blue. tried restart and have the same issues.

jgwilliams

Reaction score
I am also having the same problem. In another forum someone said changing their channel from auto to a fixed channel solved the problem. It did not work for me so I am still unable to use wifi on my home network. I was able to connect to an open network at starbucks and panera.

Zregnier

Reaction score
My wifi is working just fine. *shrugs shoulders

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

milagrowl

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my home WEP network. I have excellent WIFI strength, but no connection. The signal strength is grey, not blue (connected). I went to Starbucks open network, let the phone hit standby and no problems it works fine. When at home I initially could get the WIFI working by disabling it, going to the browser, pulling up a page, then restarting the WIFI, but now it does not work at all. My home Verizon strength frequently slips between 3 and 4G, which I think may have something to do with it. This is the only real problem I have with the phone. WIFI is slow on this model when it actually works.

Soucouant61

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone with Wi-fi problems know this, but just in case, I saw this on another another forum. There is an enabled wi-fi time out in the phone to save battery if the phone does not experience activity for 15 mins. Changing the wi-fi setting is what was needed. In the case of these people, it was not a flaw, but just a settings option.
copy.png
favicon.ico

bigtex52

Reaction score
I had the same problem as the OP. The WIFI connected fine but the icon stayed greyed out and no connectivity. I went through 3 levels of Tech support with Verizon and they sent me through 3 level of Motorola. The last tech said "There is something wrong with your phone. Take it back to Verizon" They swapped it out and the new one works like i should.

aprecis

Reaction score
WiFi Problem - Bionic knocks all other PC's off WiFi

I connected my Bionic to our office secure WiFi. It connected with no problem using the auto connect button. However it knocked out every computer using WiFi in the office. We could not re-establish the connections -- except by doing an uninstall of the D-Link software and re-installing it on each PC. Has anyone else had this problem or know why it might have happened?

318Droid

Reaction score
Lol no wifi issues at all with my Bionic.....but when i first got my launch PS3 and tried to hook it up wirelessly it completely wiped out my neighbors internet to the point where they had to call the internet company out to fix it. Your Bionic just ruled all your machines..lol powerful device ya know.

donbn

Reaction score
My DROID Bionic quit working via WiFi thru my dlink router even though it shows an excellent signal and connected WPA. Tried hard reset of BIONIC on advice of Motorola rep - no luck. Verizon had no clue and sent me to Motorola rep. Connects fine thru 3g and sometimes 4g when it finds my unit as I must be on the border of signal 3g/4g. All my computers connect fine. Even ipad. Tried different channels etc. When I turn off the WiFi can then connect to internet. When WiFi on 3g/4g cannot connect. Access codes are correct and have to take unit back to COSTCO within 14 days in order to get a new unit. There is a definite problem with the software after reading these posted probs. Router changes do not make any difference in connections. Can still stream NETFLIX at 3g speeds. AMAZING!

brwngd

Reaction score
Had the same problem with my d2g. I ended up power cycling my wireless router and that solved the problem. Had me scratching my head for several hours, though.

sbodell

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems. I called VZW support and they indicated there is a fix in the works. No expectations as to when. There temporary work around is:
  1. Turn off phone pull battery
  2. Power up phone
  3. Turn ON Airplane Mode
  4. Power cycle phone (again)
  5. Turn OFF Airplane Mode

freddyb

Reaction score
I had the same wifi symptoms. Gray connection icon but it never went blue to show data transfer. For whatever reason, the phone default was a static IP that would not work with my routers. I just turned on the "Enable Auto IP" option (DHCP) and it connected fine. Hope this helps!

menu -> settings -> wireless & networks -> wifi settings -> menu button -> advanced -> check Enable Auto IP

Martain

Reaction score
I was having the same issue. Tried connecting to at least a half dozen networks. Each time the phone would say I was connected, and would have a strong signal, but I would have no internet. Both the 3G and Internet symbols would stay white. I spent an hour with Verizon's tech support, (It would have been less time if they actually knew the right sequences of steps to get to various screens), and they stepped me through a number of things. Somewhere along the line my internet started working, and it worked through the rest of the day. This morning I turned the phone back on, and again, nothing. I wasn't going to call them back and waste more time, as I think they just got lucky the first time. This morning I was playing with the phone, and found a setting change that corrected the issue for me. I went to...

Menu - Settings - Wireless and networks - Wi-Fi Settings - Manage Networks. Once there I chose the network I was trying to connect to, and did a long press on the network name. I then chose "Proxy settings" and unchecked "use proxy server". After that everything worked fine.

I've tried this when trying to connect to two other networks, and it has worked each time. Only time will tell if this fix lasts.

jorelldye

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my Bionic. My phone will connect to my Netgear WPN824 v3 router at home but it won't connect to the internet or load any web pages, even with full wifi signal bars. It works great on my friend's router. I'm wondering if I should take back my bionic.