Wifi Problem SSv5.0

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by mcm, Feb 24, 2011.

1. mcm

mcm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Have been using 5.0 since release but for the past two days I have no wifi connectivity. Several attempts to turn it on in different networks have failed. Seems when I go into settings, the list of available networks show nothing is available, basically not picking up any signals. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    So it says it is scanning, but finding nothing?

3. mcm

mcm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I turn on wifi, it says connecting, then it says disconnected. If I use scan from menu, it does the same thing. All the saved networks state "Not in range, secured with WEP" or "Not in range, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK."

The only backup I have if from the 21st and wifi worked then - I factory reset and then installed the backup and the problem still persists.

4. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Same problem here brotha. Wifi seems to have a mind of its own. I don't even know if its a kernel issue anymore. I've tried basically all the new and old ones. Same thing happens every time ...
    Except the other day when it connected, then the next day get Home from work, and sure enough its broken again. Didn't touch a single setting on my phone between that time either. I know it may be asking alot, but Chevy any chance I could pull a file or 2 off my phone, like the kernel and wifi drivers or something, and send them to you to investigate to see if its an easy fix maybe?

5. cush2push

cush2push Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +6
    Chevy the beta testers for my rom are saying they have the same problem I ran into it once I had to reboot which took 2 minutes to do then everything was kosher I believe it has something to do at the first load of the rom don't know if this helps but I believe it has something to do with it

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

6. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    There must be some kinda conflict somewhere, not sure if it's corrected itself completely or not, but wifi connects now at my crib...this is really weird. First time wifi has been affected by a new ROM or kernel. No worries though, there's a first time for everything. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever being the one who has to travel down uncharted territory :)

7. mcm

mcm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update on wifi issue

Well, turns out I used over 14 GB of data this billing period, so I guess my wifi was broken a lot longer than I thought (I just didn't notice).

I factory reset the phone then reinstall SS 5.0 and started fresh. Wifi is working now! I have been using the 1.0ghz ulv kernel since 4.0 (moved to GB 1.0ghz ulv when it was released), but I'm just running the stock SS 5.0 kernel now. Before the factory reset, I tried out three kernels 8mhz ulv, 1.1ghz ulv and 1.0ghz lv and still kept having the issue. (Note: I only use your kernels Chevy - anything else makes my phone go into seizures)

8. VeryApe

VeryApe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just started having the WiFi issue yesterday. Reboots, and kernel reinstalls haven't helped. I'm getting ready to wipe and reflash 5.0....:(

9. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    I have been connected SOLID, with no drops, to WPA2 for 2 DAYS now ... I don't understand why you all are having these issues ...

10. VeryApe

VeryApe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, just to make my self feel better, wiped and flashed. I DID NOT restore any backed up apps or data.
    I'm going to take the time to reinstall all of my apps and set everything up from scratch. So far, the WiFi has been fine(only about 2 hours, but fine nonetheless.)

As always, thanks for making the best ROMs and kernels Chevy!
    :icon_ banana:

11. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same, my connection works just fine. Even to my craptacular Verizon FiOS router.

12. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Not sure why either. Worked for me last night finally. Turned it on in wireless & networks and it said Connecting... so I turned it off, then back on and immediately it said Scanning..
    This time then it connected. Must be possessed.

Search tags for this page
android saved secured with wep
android wep saved secured

not in range secured with wep

not in range secured with wpa/
problem to connect to wifi not in range , secured with wpa/w
saved secured with wpa2
scan network and not in range secured with wpa/wpa2 psk
toshiba wifi saved secured withwpa wpa2
wifi not in range secured with wep
wifi saved secured with wpa