WiFi problem - connect fine but no Internet Access

wreker

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just thought I'd update the group with my experience in case it helps.
Had my first WiFi problem where connecting to a WiFi network works but there is no internet access.

The Wireless Access point that the Bionic would not work with was a Dlink DAP-2590.

Models I can recall that the Bionic has no such issues with are: Dlink DAP-1522, Linksys WAP-54G, Meraki MR12, whatever GoGo uses on airplanes, HP M110.

It was annoying to have the iPhone user next to me, say; Heh, it works fine with my iPhone.
I said, yeah, well I have that annoying squealing noise when I plug in headphones, so take that fanboy!

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
It's most likely a problem with your AP, and not the Bionic. I'm assuming you've made sure the AP is running the latest firmware, correct?

OP
W

wreker

Reaction score
I doubt it's the AP.
I know there are issues with Bionic not working with WiFi - it connects, authenticates, gets IP, but will not route traffic to the internet - while other devices work fine.
Additionally my Viewsonic G-Tab with Vegan-Tab 7.0.1 (Gingerbread 2.3.5) was fine.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Is the router set to AES or TKIP? Gingerbread Moto phones want routers to have TKIP (or AES&TKIP) on to work.

My Bionic, Dads X (2.3), and Mom Pro (2.3) did this. The router was set to AES and while the phones connected there was no internet.

Changing it to AES/TKIP fixed the issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums