WIFI problem-all droids inconsistent or just mine?

CBLJazz

Reaction score
My wifi is fine at home for my laptops and printing but day to day for my droid- actually hour to hour.

Is this a individual problem with my phone or do other people experience this?

Im always turning off wifi at home to get a consistent response.
This is a mini computer phone that should have wifi like my laptops.

iPirate

Reaction score
I'm confused.

But I don't have any problems with the 2-3 times I've used my home wifi. I use 3G everywhere I can.

metasin

Reaction score
My wifi is fine at home for my laptops and printing but day to day for my droid- actually hour to hour.

Is this a individual problem with my phone or do other people experience this?

Im always turning off wifi at home to get a consistent response.
This is a mini computer phone that should have wifi like my laptops.

I have had issues like this from day one. I noticed that there seems to be some problems when I manually put the phone to sleep then hit the power button to wake it up. Somehow this screws up the connection. I also noticed that if I leave the wifi connected every so often the phone will randomly reboot. I have had no luck trying to figure this out.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've had no issues at all. I use WiFi constantly at home. It's much faster than 3g. Never had any connection problems.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dlesliepdx

Reaction score
I have had no issues whatsoever with Wi-Fi, I use it a home and 2 seperate locations during the work week. Definately much faster downloads than 3G.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I use WiFi constantly at both work and home with no issues connecting and maintaining a connection.

Make sure in the system settings you have "Wi-Fi Sleep Policy" set to never..

Menu/Settings/Wireless & networks/Wi-Fi Settings/ press Menu again and select "Advanced" and then Wi-Fi Sleep Policy choose Never.

Default setting is to turn off Wi-fi radio when the phone is in "sleep/power save" mode and then back on when you "wake the phone up". This could be causing your constant disconnects and such.

Reaction score
My wifi drops connection when the screen goes out. It supposed to do that otherwise you have a dead battery in hour or two. When I wake it up it reconnects most of the time.

Reaction score
Depends on your habits. I'm in my car alot. If I leave wifi on the dang thing is trying to scan and connect too much. That will eat power. And unless your wardriving there no need for it.

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
I use WiFi constantly at both work and home with no issues connecting and maintaining a connection.

Make sure in the system settings you have "Wi-Fi Sleep Policy" set to never..

Menu/Settings/Wireless & networks/Wi-Fi Settings/ press Menu again and select "Advanced" and then Wi-Fi Sleep Policy choose Never.

Default setting is to turn off Wi-fi radio when the phone is in "sleep/power save" mode and then back on when you "wake the phone up". This could be causing your constant disconnects and such.

Thanks.
Im a power user and I didn't even know thus was an option.

REMilk

Reaction score
I have no problems with wi-fi. I use at at home, office buldings, hotels, airports, public sites, and even on airplanes (Delta and Airtran GoGo service)!