Wifi problem after ota update of 2.3.5

autobodywizard

Reaction score
Good morning, i have a droid x2 i got new in feb this year. It has worked perfectly until the recent ota update. I used foxfi
for a wireless hotspot. I also used wifi to run off a high speed access point. Now when i enable wireless it says "error" then the phone reboots. This is all new since the update. I was always able to connect. Vz wireless said they can walk me thru a master reset or send me a refurb which according to research of other people online experiencing this, will not work. Is there any way i can revert back to the previous version? I feel strongly it is not a hardware issue. Or can i root this phone? I rooted my droid 2 with the help of my son. I just dont want to brick this phone. Any suggestions out.there? Thanks, Dan

Chrisp70

Reaction score
Verizon is sending me a new phone since the update 2.3.5 that caused this issue is irreversible.

turniplee

Reaction score
Same problem

Verizon has now replaced my phone twice for this issue. It does not resolve the problem. I flash back to 2.3.4 and have no issues. As soon as i get the 2.3.5 OTA update, my wifi is unstable again. Resets every few minutes.