wifi problem after 2.0.1

lbbrew

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with wifi after getting the 2.0.1 update?

Tonight I am having trouble with wifi, and it all worked flawlessly with 2.0

When I try to use browser, market, or dolphin with wifi enabled (WPA security), it will hang for a while and fail to load the page. If I turn off wifi and use 3G, everything works just fine. All other devices connected to the router (wireless and wired) are functioning normally.

I had all of this working perfectly for 3 weeks with 2.0, and as soon as I get 2.0.1 (no other new apps installed), I get wifi problems.

Does anyone else notice any issues with wifi after getting 2.0.1? Any suggestions?

ericwiz

Reaction score
After the update I can't seem to get the wifi to connect. Had no problem with 2.0. Not sure what the deal is.

I have two remembered locations (home and work) which the droid used to switch to no sweat. Now it just says disconnected under wifi in settings. When I try to manually connect (select network and choose connect the wifi still reports disconnected.

I have tried to reboot the unit to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Droids

Reaction score
I use unsecured wifi at work and wpa at home. Zero issues before or after the update. Wish I had an answer for you. I would pull the battery first, if that doesn't help, try deleting and recreating the connection.

ericwiz

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I'm an idiot. Its the wifi router not the droid.

JayMonster

Reaction score
In almost all cases when situations like this happen, it is beneficial to reboot the router. I don't know why, but the router seems to fail to release resources properly and causes the Droid (and other smart phones) to seem like the are connected, but don't actually work until the router is rebooted.

Guerrilla

Reaction score
My WiFi finally works properly after the update. With 2.0 I'd get notifications periodically saying the browser had no internet connection while I watched the page load. This only happened on WiFi. Now it works flawlessly so far with 2.0.1.

OP
L

lbbrew

Reaction score
In almost all cases when situations like this happen, it is beneficial to reboot the router. I don't know why, but the router seems to fail to release resources properly and causes the Droid (and other smart phones) to seem like the are connected, but don't actually work until the router is rebooted.

OP here. It looks like JayMonster was right. My droid worked great with my wifi at work today, but still gave me problems at home this evening. A quick router reboot fixed the problem.

I should have tried that earlier, thanks for the suggestion.

ericwiz

Reaction score
For me it was the same. The router was rebooted and works fine now. I should have known better than to blame the droid! :)