WIFI poll

Ridley

Reaction score
I can't get wifi to work at all at home and my router is wide open, how is this possible?

darreno1

Reaction score
I use wifi with Wifi Analyzer mainly for detection purposes in the field . I've used it sporadically at home and in various other places and it worked flawlessly. My 3g reception is usually really good so I'm not forced to use wifi often.

praeceps

Reaction score
I do suppose that's the benefit of the Verizon network. Of course, the Droid has WiFi because the Droid is about choice, something an iPhone dominated market doesn't have. When it's useful, it's INSANELY useful, such as if you're in Canada or Germany and you don't wanna roam you can make calls a LOT cheaper using Skype or Google Voice. Also, this proves the silliness of hating to have to pay for a data plan... $30/month for unlimited data for ANYTHING makes you feel very cozy, almost like a luxury car.

vandyike

Reaction score
Inconsistant

At home works great. Have had little success with free sites as it continually drops in midstream. If I power off/on then it works fine -for a while. currently in the Turk/Caicos with no verizon and using wifi but too flakey.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Besides being faster than 3G, it also helps me ensure that I don't exceed the 5GB limit on the data plan..

Please stop spreading mis-information.....There is no Data Limit on the data plan that the Droid uses.

huskur

Reaction score
I can't get wifi to work at all at home and my router is wide open, how is this possible?

If you are running a "N" router and broadcasting in N then you will not be able to see it. Droid is only B and G compatible. One thing that i think the droid should have is "N" technology but it doesn't. If you have a "n" router you need to go into the wireless settings in the routers webpage and set it to broadcast in B and G also. (mixed environment) You should see it then with no problem

rothenbj

Reaction score
I am curious how many Droid users are able to utilize the Wi-Fi capability of their phone.

I rarely use it bacause I get good 3G reception in most places. And, the times I have tried to use it havent been very successful. The first time I really tried to use my WiFi network here at home, I couldnt get on.

Then I turned off and restarted the router and managed to get on my network. the next time I tried I couldnt get on. I havent really messed with it since.

One of the very few places I dont get 3G reception, unfortunately, is at my work. There is a dead spot right at my work.

I am wanting to be able to use the wireless network at work, but need to make sure the phone is working properly before I talk to the guy at work who handles the IT stuff. Dont want to bug him and then have a problem and not know if it is the Droid or the network at the office.

I get decent 3g at home, but occasionally it gets spotty so I just turn wifi on. Unfortunately, I can only get Hughesnet where I live so that's no major prize.

However, the other day I loaded up lukluk to test this phone out. I didn't dare try it at home since Hughes has a FAP policy that limits daily usage to 500 mb a day or they throttle it down. Sucks being me.

Anyway, I stopped for a drink the other night and knew someone had an open WIFI connect so I tried it. I started up a movie which started out okay, but then buffered real bad so I shirt it down.

Yesterday I stopped for lunch at a place that I knew had WIFI open somewhere close. I checked speed and got excited that the speed test came in at about 1.7 mbps both ways. Sweet. I fired up a full length movie and it ran flawlessly. Amazing what these little computers can do!