WIFI poll

kylo77

Reaction score
I have 3 networks that I have successfully used wifi on.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I rarely use it because I also have great 3g coverage everywhere I frequent but I have my work and home networks saved and they work great when I want to upload a big video or access something that is blocked to the outside world.

allison

Reaction score
Never use wifi on my phone. Home internet is sooo slow that my phone may as well be at 1x trying to receive signal.

JamesX

Reaction score
I use WIFI in office and at home. Both connections are way faster than 3g. T3 at work, Fiber Optic at home.

joshua117

Reaction score
Used it a few times at home but found it unnecessary, I get a good 3g signal.

Reaction score
love wifi and use it all the time to transfer files from my network and also watch tv.com wifi only episodes.

armeddroid

Reaction score
love wifi and use it all the time to transfer files from my network and also watch tv.com wifi only episodes.

explain this please.
On TV.COM you can watch full episodes provided that you have it on WIFI?

yes some episodes require wifi. most stream in 3g but yes some wifi only.

ahh ok. I was under the impression that TV.COM dont show episodes but clips only.
Nice to know they have full episodes.
Thanks you much.:)

aacanela73

Reaction score
I have my wifi on constantly because I live in a 3g poor neighborhood. its all I use at work and I pick it up and hook onto any open networks I can find. It's the only way to go when you live on the wrong side of the tracks!!

P_McNeal

Reaction score
I use wifi at home and the Droid is more reliable at reconnecting than my old iTouch ever was. And if the connection gets sketchy, its nice to have 3G as a backup. But wifi is faster.

I have had issues getting into some walled garden networks (just airport so far), due to the sign-in/bypass screen combos stymieing the Droid. Sadly, the iTouch did handle those fine in comparison.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I love using Wifi when Im at Home. Its fast but not much faster than the 3G
I suppose you would have to broadcast your network then so the droid can find it right?

I have a secure netowrk at home and I don't brodcast my network because my neighbors a dick and I don't want him to even nkow I have a wifi network, incase he's that kind of guy who'd mooch off it.

Reaction score

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I use it all the time when I'm at my home, my mom's house, and anywhere there's free wifi access (coffee shops, book stores, etc.). Besides being faster than 3G, it also helps me ensure that I don't exceed the 5GB limit on the data plan. This will become even more important when Flash comes to my Droid.

...I suppose you would have to broadcast your network then so the droid can find it right?...

Disabling SSID broadcast isn't as much of a security feature as some believe it is, but it can be a deterrant for most folks. Broadcasting would simplify set-up, but it's not necessary. If you know the SSID you can type it into the Droid (or whatever device you're connecting to the network).

One word of advice, though. If you're like me and use the longest random SSID and WPA2 key possible, then make sure that you temporarily set the droid to display passwords as you're typing them (by default it only shows asterisks as you type). I failed on my first several attempts to connect my Droid to my home network, and I could have sworn that I typed everything in correctly. When I finally set it to show what I was typing, I found a couple of typos and was able to correct them before clicking OK (or Connect, or whatever the button said).