WIFI poll

hydro556

Reaction score
I am curious how many Droid users are able to utilize the Wi-Fi capability of their phone.

I rarely use it bacause I get good 3G reception in most places. And, the times I have tried to use it havent been very successful. The first time I really tried to use my WiFi network here at home, I couldnt get on.

Then I turned off and restarted the router and managed to get on my network. the next time I tried I couldnt get on. I havent really messed with it since.

One of the very few places I dont get 3G reception, unfortunately, is at my work. There is a dead spot right at my work.

I am wanting to be able to use the wireless network at work, but need to make sure the phone is working properly before I talk to the guy at work who handles the IT stuff. Dont want to bug him and then have a problem and not know if it is the Droid or the network at the office.

jasonb

Reaction score
I use wifi constantly at home. I don't have very good cell service at my house. I am so happy that the Droid has wifi.

acturbo

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. I use almost stricktly 3g due to the fact that I get a good signal at the house. I have gotten wifi to work, however, it randomly stops working and I have to change my router security settings to get it to work again. I would rather not go through the hassle so I just leave it on 3g all the time.

minmongoblin

Reaction score
My Wifi connection to the three passworded networks (and 2 unpassworded networks) have all been very easy and seamless...hmm.

drewshaver

Reaction score
i dont really wifi on the droid, use my computer at home and dont really do much extended browsing to warrant setting up the network

Guchi

Reaction score
mine works great with my secure network

FireDroid

Reaction score
WiFi at home no problems, use it work. Also when I am out and about I will pick em up.

jasonb

Reaction score
WiFi at home no problems, use it work. Also when I am out and about I will pick em up.

Same here. A lot of places have unsecured wifi connections just waiting to be used by anyone and everyone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use wifi at home, but I don't really need it. I've git a pretty good 3G signal.

Reaction score
It automatically turns on at home, and I use it at school, some of the buildings on campus are older and cellphones rarely get decent reception in most of the lecture halls.

Mr Steve

Reaction score
WiFi at home (WPA) works fine. I just hardly ever turn it on as I'm not downloading anything large enough to warrant it.

WiFi at work I haven't bothered with as they block a lot of sites such as Facebook. Again, I won't be downloading anything large enough to make it worth the miniscule time required to toggle WiFi on & off.

The Speedtest app shows 1,589/819 on 3G & 2,398/1,007 on WiFi at home. Netbook WiFi download is 8,000+, so there's a bottleneck in the Droid.

vonfink13

Reaction score
i bought a router the day i got my droid and ended up taking it back...the 3g works great in my house...