Wifi pick up is terrible

storm00

Reaction score
I cant connect to wifi at home. Laptop is fine but get nothing on phone. Is there a reason?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

connorandrew

Reaction score
Not aware. Mine works fine....obviously you checked password setup etc.

OP
S

storm00

Reaction score
Oh its unsecured. I didn't. Know if it was in the settings. Thunderbolt picks right up.

connorandrew

Reaction score
Hmm It might be a software issue. Did you do the most recent update ? And if so maybe a factory reset might help.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Resetting my wifi station works for me. In fact I have been doing that on the first of each month. Seems to keep my signal strong. Can't hurt.

SallyC

Reaction score
I cant connect to wifi at home. Laptop is fine but get nothing on phone. Is there a reason?

If you were able to connect before, try rebooting your phone and also unplugging your router then plugging it back in.

Also verify your phone can connect to a public wifi like Starbuck.

Also, if problems persist, go to your phones wifi settings, select the network and tell it to Forget it. Then rescan if needed and try to connect again.

OP
S

storm00

Reaction score
I did install the update. The connection is way bad compared to the thunderbolt. It pics up . This one doesnt. I did connect a booster to another room which helped some . I had some reception.
I may try a new stronger router. The thing that bugs me is my laptop gets 4 bars and phone Zilch.
Ill try to play a bit.
Thank you

trhoads66

Reaction score
My wifi at home was fine before i applied the update last week. Since the update, my wifi at home has been bad (it gets stuck at "finding IP address" and then craps out).. It's not my wifi because my girlfriend's iPhone holds the Wifi fine at all times and so does my laptop. I've tried forgetting and re-setting the wifi connection a few times but that doesn't help. What does help is re-setting the AT&T U-verse modem - but then a day or two later, the same problem. Any other thoughts? I don't want to exchange it or do a hard-re-install of the phone with all my apps installed, but guess I'll have to try that.....

Last edited:

doggy2965

Reaction score
Since update I have noticed strength meter not showing as many bars but when I do a speed test its faster. Is yours not picking up or just not showing strong signal?

trhoads66

Reaction score
Mine will pick up my home wifi just fine for a day or two and then will stop being to connect at all to my home wifi (it will say "obtaining IP address....." and then will crap out). I'll re-set the internet modem and it will go back to working fine for a day or two, and then repeat.......

SANhacker

Reaction score
My OG Droid had very flaky wifi. It was very hit and miss, mostly miss.
This RAZR wifi works flawlessly. Smart Actions are performed based on the wifi network I am near and I've never had it not perform those actions.

Makes me wonder if there is a QC issue with the radios.