1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

wifi partially broken?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by NeverEndingXsin, Apr 22, 2010.

1. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

First off I have already tried searching around for an answer to my question but couldn't find one. So here's my problem up until yesterday my wifi worked perfectly but beginning yesterday morning I was able to connect to my home router without issues but it was incredibly slow loading anything on my phone even the browser. My laptop connected to the same router was loading things quickly like normal. My dad has a droid running the same specs as me and has had no issues with his wifi.

Well I did a speed test from my phone for the wifi and had a 8mbs download speed and 2mbs upload speed. With that fast of a connection it should not be taking forever to load the browser or the market from my phone. I've tried wiping everything and changing kernels. I'm running jrummy's remix cyanogen 5.0.6.2 v.7 now overclocked to 800, yesterday it was his previous version but I never had a problem like this before.

So I'm really wondering if anybody has any ideas to fix the issues? Or what may have caused it? It really is hard to not be able to use wifi correctly. It turns on and connects, doesn't force close or anything.

-Michael
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

sounds like maybe you need to delete cookies and/or cache.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Trizzle. :)
  4. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

Okay so I tried clearing the cache and that didn't seem to work =(
    So I tried having my phone forget the saved wep key and then reentered it and that seemed to fix the issue *crosses fingers* lol thanks for the quick replies