Wifi or Network

chaffee007

Reaction score
How do I make an app use wi-fi vs the Verizon CDMA? Is there a way to control that maybe through a Locale plug-in. An example would be Dolphin Browser? It seems it would be faster to use wifi.

bigdog9586

Reaction score
How do I make an app use wi-fi vs the Verizon CDMA? Is there a way to control that maybe through a Locale plug-in. An example would be Dolphin Browser? It seems it would be faster to use wifi.
If you are connected to WiFi it automatically connects that way. If you would prefer 3g then turn off wifi.

Horch it

Reaction score
Plus, I am under the impression that Wifi uses less battery power than 3G network. And, depending on signal strength, wifi would be faster, hence the reason it sees faster download speeds for video and thus less choppy viewing.

Crimsongost

Reaction score
There are only a few apps that REQUIRE CDMA. Backupassistant.apk is the most common. Almost every thing else (including dolphin) will use wi-fi if given the opportunity.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
C

chaffee007

Reaction score
Thanks for the info
Is the same true for GV?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, any app that uses data will automatically chose Wifi over 3G if Wifi is available.

PCRoger

Reaction score
If I am connected to WiFi, no apps will download. I have seen a fix for that saying open the Talk app.

If I do that, the Talk app says it cannot connect to server.

If I shut off WiFi, everything works like a charm.

Ideas?

thanks.