1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wifi on Chevy SS 5.5

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by mickalopagus, Sep 29, 2011.

1. mickalopagus

mickalopagus New Member

Hi there, I am a new member here. Had the Droid 1 for years and finally decided to root/rom it.

I installed this ROM and everything has gone smoothly. I am unable to find the wifi tethering option anywhere in the phone/options though. For tethering in settings, tether through USB is the only option. There are no other aps, widgets, anything. I see in the original post by Chevy that wifi tethering was included among updates.

Am I missing something? Or is there another apk I need to install to enable wifi tethering?

Thanks!
  2. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 New Member

First off, welcome to the world of root, and welcome to the forums. dancedroid

Wireless Tether is an app that should be included with the ROM. Check your app drawer, and if it's installed, it would be at the bottom of your app drawer with a green, wifi icon. If for some reason it's not there, you should be able to find it in the Android Market. Search for "Wireless Tether for Root Users." And if all else fails, you can find it here: Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting. I recommend version 2.0.7.
Search tags for this page

droid checy ss