wifi not working

tu3218

Reaction score
So I'm still running version 0.2.1, I know its an old version but it has been perfect an my droid has never run faster. But recently my wifi stopped working an just stays on connecting, an doesn't allow me to see networks. Anyone know what the problem could be or a possible fix. This is the only thing wrong right now. I know I coulf flash the new version but I'm pretty sure I would need to wipe everything again. Any suggestions?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is your wifi not working with a full charge? or is it not working when your battery is less than 30 percent?

If you have a low battery and need to use wifi, you can go to settings/battery/power save settings, and uncheck the box for disable wifi.

I know when i flashed...my 3 g was disappearing...so I had to go in there and uncheck disable mobile data. Hell with the settings it comes with (disable mobile data, wifi, gps, etc)...it might as well default to plane mode. lol

If that is not your problem, you are due for an upgrade. 4.1.1 is worth it in my opinioin. I wasnt thinking so before since I had a working 3.999 over ss4.8, but flashed it anyway...It was worth it...especially since Davros got my old 3.3 mms back in (i dont like the new one)

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
im on 4.1.1 and it wont connect to wifi. any ideas?
you can always try flashing the update (jrizzill/publicanimal) v4.1.1 update 2 w/o wiping...see if that works. You will also get some cool icons and other apps not included in miui (ie car home).

You will lose gmail and a couple other apps if you already have them installed on your phone...just go reinstall from market.

Be sure to backup before you do it. You wont have to wipe. That might get your wifi running w/o losing stuff.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
I have my phone plugged in and as soon as I click to turn wifi on, it just says connecting and then 1 minute later says disconnected. Its weird because it worked at one point, and it just randomly stopped working. thanks for the tips though yakitori. I'm correct about wiping though coming from 0.2.1 though right?

EDIT: wow I just randomly tried it again and it works now. That was really weird.