1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

wifi not working

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by tu3218, Oct 22, 2010.

1. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

So I'm still running version 0.2.1, I know its an old version but it has been perfect an my droid has never run faster. But recently my wifi stopped working an just stays on connecting, an doesn't allow me to see networks. Anyone know what the problem could be or a possible fix. This is the only thing wrong right now. I know I coulf flash the new version but I'm pretty sure I would need to wipe everything again. Any suggestions?
  2. tehgreatdink

tehgreatdink New Member

im on 4.1.1 and it wont connect to wifi. any ideas?
  3. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Is your wifi not working with a full charge? or is it not working when your battery is less than 30 percent?

If you have a low battery and need to use wifi, you can go to settings/battery/power save settings, and uncheck the box for disable wifi.

I know when i flashed...my 3 g was disappearing...so I had to go in there and uncheck disable mobile data. Hell with the settings it comes with (disable mobile data, wifi, gps, etc)...it might as well default to plane mode. lol

If that is not your problem, you are due for an upgrade. 4.1.1 is worth it in my opinioin. I wasnt thinking so before since I had a working 3.999 over ss4.8, but flashed it anyway...It was worth it...especially since Davros got my old 3.3 mms back in (i dont like the new one)
  4. yakitori

you can always try flashing the update (jrizzill/publicanimal) v4.1.1 update 2 w/o wiping...see if that works. You will also get some cool icons and other apps not included in miui (ie car home).

You will lose gmail and a couple other apps if you already have them installed on your phone...just go reinstall from market.

Be sure to backup before you do it. You wont have to wipe. That might get your wifi running w/o losing stuff.
  5. tehgreatdink

tehgreatdink New Member

wierd. i re-entered the password and it connected
  6. yakitori

maybe it was a cache issue or something. I just assumed that you had already tried that.
  7. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

I have my phone plugged in and as soon as I click to turn wifi on, it just says connecting and then 1 minute later says disconnected. Its weird because it worked at one point, and it just randomly stopped working. thanks for the tips though yakitori. I'm correct about wiping though coming from 0.2.1 though right?

EDIT: wow I just randomly tried it again and it works now. That was really weird.
Search tags for this page
miui no wifi
miui not connect to wifi
miui not connection wifi fix
miui rom wifi is not working
miui rom wifi not workiing
miui s3 wifi not connecting
miui wifi defy
miui wifi fix
miui wifi not connecting

miui wifi not working

miui wifi problem