Wifi Not Working

Brozeidon

Reaction score
I've searched and haven't up up with anything, I hope this isn't a repeat.

I try to connect to the WiFi at my house and enter the password and the phone begins authenticating as it should. Bad news: it then disconnects, tries authenticating, repeat, until I stop it from repeating this neverending cycle. What gives?

rjcapp

Reaction score
Both of my TBs' works with WIFI. I use a cheap cisco E1000. Is there an open network close by that you can try ?
Im sure you power cycled your router?
Try resetting the phone.
Take it back for a new unit.

OP
B

Brozeidon

Reaction score
Power cycled the router, yeah. Perhaps I'll try getting rid of the security on the router to see if it connects then. I'd hate to bring it back for a new unit!

Kack

Reaction score
Ok I'm going thru this something right now. All my WiFi devices at home work but not my thunderbolt.....

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
B

Brozeidon

Reaction score
Same thing here... I'll report back once I figure something out

Kboss375

Reaction score
How about WiFi dropping? I seems after a period of time the WiFi will lose its activity but still be connected. Turning on and off the WiFi fixes it. Pretty annoying.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

sportadic22

Reaction score
My issue with wifi is that i have wifi on my college campus and on my droid 1 i used to connect during the day to get better speeds. our school has a system where when you connect to wifi and you open the browser it bring you auto to a school website where you type your login information and then it brings you to like yahoo... and now your connected.

but on the thunderbolt. when i attach to the wifi and then go to the browser..it doesn't auto change me to the login page..i doesn't do anything.

Any Ideas??

Kack

Reaction score
so today i was getting frustrated with my thunderbolt not picking up wifi so i went to a couple different stores coffee shops offering wifi. still didnt work. i know vzw will tell me to hard reset which i dont want to do because i just got everything set up the way i want. but from my frustration i just did a factory/hard reset. well it didnt work at first and i was kinda pist off so i called vzw told them i want a new thunderbolt blah blah blah. while i was on the phone with them it started to work. uh really wtf it started working about 30 minutes after the reset. sooo if anyone cant get it to work sorry but do a reset. hopefully you dont go thru the trouble i did but if you do have fun :)

sportadic22

Reaction score
i have no problem connecting to my home network... just type in the password and bingo.. for some reason my droid 1 couldnt connect to my HOME network. and COULD connect to my campus internet...
but now my thunderbolt can connect to my home network and CANNOT connect to my school network. idk how to fix it. it "connects" but when i open the browser it doesnt auto direct me to school login page like it does on laptops or even my droid 1 before

been a few days and i stilll can figure it out

cnmsales

Reaction score
Mines working fine.

Just curious. Those that its not working for, are you rooted?

rouftop

Reaction score
Having similar issues

Got my Thunderbolt and rooted it the same day, so I can't say if it was better before or not. My issue: the phone connects to wifi no problem, but after some period of inactivity the wifi stops working. The icon shows that it's still connected to the network, but attempts to browse with anything result in timeouts. Disabling/re-enabling wifi fixes the issue.

I have an older WRT54G router. I wonder if that's the problem?

iRomeo

Reaction score
same here... never happened before till i Rom'd my cell with smoked glass. It connects but it seems when my screen blacks out... my wifi cuts out too...

rouftop

Reaction score
new router resolved my issue

Just a follow-up, I upgraded to the asus rt-n56u and have had zero problems since.

DAVID2010

Reaction score
My WiFi connection works.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums