Wifi not working! someone help please!

Grimshad

Reaction score
I normally use Bugless Beast 0.4 and I recently noticed that when I am using wifi, there is no internet connection. As soon as I turn it off, I have full connectivity again. I thought this may have been the rom, so I tried 12 other different roms, all of them with the same result.Here are some facts:

I successfully connect to any wifi
While connected to wifi, I cannot do anything that requires internet access
As soon as I turn off wifi I have full access over 3G again
I have tried turning off 3G while wifi is on, no go
I have reset, rebooted, and switched wifi channels on the router
I have tried wireless a, b, g, and n, on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz at 130Mbs and 300Mbs
I have tried 12 different roms
After installing the rom the wifi works perfectly fine
The wifi STOPS working after I install the google apps pack and sync my account
I have looked this up, other people have the problem, no solution found

Someone please help! I am sitting on cyanogen 6.0.0 without google apps and wifi is working fine, but as soon as i get google apps (so i can sync all my contacts, apps, and other stuff, and use the market) it doesn't work anymore.

EDIT: I guess I take that back, after further testing, the wifi still does not work even before installing google apps. I swear it was working once, but i guess not. I am currently trying to go back to stock to see if that works.

EDIT: Stock doesn't work either, unless someone knows about this and how to fix it, i'm going to assume my antenna is broken or something.

Last edited:

antz2xplicit

Reaction score
Well the same thing was happening to me where i couldnt connect to ANY wifi, yeah it was saying i was connected but i had no conectivity.

the solution: (and i felt like a total jackazz) is so simple that i didnt even think of it...

go into your wifi settings and delete all save networks... rescan for networks.. find yours and long press it.. go to change password and look at security.. take it OFF of AUTO and put it either on WEP or WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) and put your password. Thats it. your wifi should say obtaining ip adress now. hope this helps :)

p.s this probably wont stop the rebooting because my does still from time to time.

ANTTTT

OP
G

Grimshad

Reaction score
I tried what you said and the options you speak of do no exist.

I have no networks saved. It scans and instantly sees mine. I long press it and the only choice I have is "connect to network" which doesn't allow me to set the security, it always auto detects.

But you are right, it never seems to say "optaining IP address". It just goes from not connected to connected

harrellj

Reaction score
Silly question, but your wireless network name, did you change it from the default? (ie: its actually unique and not overlapping with a neighbor's?). Its a common problem I've seen on laptops to have no internet connectivity and have the problem be that the computer was confused which of the 2 or 3 "linksys" networks it should be using.

OP
G

Grimshad

Reaction score
Yes its changed. Just for the hell of it I'm going to try it with no security

EDIT:Nope, still no go without security.

EDIT: I went and asked for a replacement at Verizon. I'm hoping they send me a D2 or DX, but i would be happy with just a working phone!

Last edited:

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Dunno if it helps but... I had an issue where it would see the network, connect and then disconnect in an instant. I tried to reset my router to no avail. I got mad so I unplugged my router for about 5 minutes. Poof, wifi came back and worked.

antz2xplicit

Reaction score
are you using a droid x? sorry for assuming you were if your not. but is there an option to manage networks on the bottom?

ksomers23

Reaction score
I just had this problem. third day i have had the phone. Connected to wifi at home. went to school and tried to connect. loop kept saying optaining ip adress. so i clicked use static i.p. entered my info and hit enter. the phone then told me to enmter a valid ip adress, i hit cancel, and it strted working. i turned static ip off and it began looping again. give it a try. hope it helps. just use your i.p adress your pc is currently using

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Anyone ever figure out a fix for this? Mine just started doing this too and I have no clue why. I see the wifi icon in the notification bar but can't connect to my browser, market, ftp server for file transfers, anything.