Wifi not connecting after SMU 2.0.2

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by STIDRIVER, Feb 5, 2010.

1. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

ok, I downloaded B'n Bagel 2.0.1 yesterday... It looked great, but was rebooting on me and locking up constantly. I saw that 2.0.2 was out there last night, so I figured I'd give that a try. After installing 2.0.2, it seemed way less buggy, I thought I was good to go. But, I tried connecting to my router at home and in won't work now. Everything looks normal... Wifi turns on, it recognizes it with excellent signal. But when I connect to it, it goes, scanning.. connection unsuccessfull... then wifi reads "disconnected". I thought it may be version .02 messing up(and sholes removed it anyways), so I went back to 0.1.. but wifi still isn't connecting. It worked when I first flashed 0.1, and I haven't made any changes to my router or anything, so I have no clue.. Any ideas?
  2. WhosToBlame

WhosToBlame New Member

Maybe your router crashed?

Try unplugging your router from the power source for a minute or so and plug back in and let us know how it went.
  3. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

Tried rebooting my router... no dice. My PC and Xbox are running thru it (wired) with no issues, so I don't know that the issue is on the router end. I would revert to stock to see if its the SMU, but it makes you get a refund and repurchase.. And I know I want to keep it, provided we can get my wifi working... Wifi is just saying "disconnected"....
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  4. andross77

andross77 New Member

I am having this SAME problem except my wifi never worked on sholes. it worked on beast and beauty just fine. search another forum and you can find my thread but someone told me about having an "IP lease via DHCP" that was my problem? Anyway, i tried my wifi at work today and it works flawlessly. So whatever that guy said i think is true about my home network even though i have 2 laptops and a ps3 and wii hooked up wirelessly and they all work.

if i find anything else out i'll try and remember to report back but wifi is fine on sholes i just have to figure out what that IP lease via DHCP is.
  5. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Mine is working fine running the 2.0.2 and wifi. 2 separate wifi networks here and both connect with no problem.
  6. mikedav1

mikedav1 New Member

Mine too. WiFi is great. now if they can figure out why i have to broadcast SSID first to hook up in the first place, I would love it.
  7. Backnblack

why is broadcasting the ssid an issue?
  8. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

Mine WAS working on Sholes originally, now its not... IDK, I'm hoping my router is the issue.. I'll find out tonight when I'll be able to try it at a friends on his wifi... any other ideas? Are the any settings on the phone I may have noobishly overlooked?
  9. mikedav1

mikedav1 New Member

Well, for some reason, droid will not see a wifi network unless it is sending the SSID. Even entering it manually will not allow it to be recognized. Strange little bug.
  10. Backnblack

Oh, Ok. Thought you wanted it hidden for security purposes.
    Which hiding it does little.
  11. mikedav1

mikedav1 New Member

I do want it hidden, this is at my office. You have to unhide, let droid find it,etc., then re-hide.
  12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I'm sitting right next to my router and it says it's out of range. It worked super on sholes 2.0.1.

I'm starting to get negative thoughts here. Not about 2.0.2 in general but about rooting.

Ummm...suddently it connected....nevermind.
  13. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

Ok guys... user error... last load I did I wiped all my data. So when I signed on to wifi I had to put in my password. I put it in lower case and it took it.... turns out it had to be upper case..... Rah-tard, party of one... your table is ready.. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
Search tags for this page

connect to smu wifi for samsung s4

login to smu network with s3 wifi

s3 wlan-smu connection

smu wifi ps3

wlan-smu problem