WiFi no longer autoconnecting

mgullick

Reaction score
For a while my DINC2 would automagically connect to WiFi when I was home or at work but now it doesn't do so. I have to manually open the network settings and tell it to connect. When I do that it connects just fine and remembers the password so I don't need to enter it. I prefer to use the WiFi rather than the 3G connection as it doesn't affect data usage limits.

I'm not sure if this issue is a conflict with some app or what the problems is. I'm hoping someone here can give me some insight into what's going on. As I said above, for a while it would auto-connect but now I have to manually tell it to connect to each network.

sanrayone

Reaction score
Android phones not connecting via wifi

The problem is not with the Android phone, but rather with the router from your phone company and the security type. You will have to get the IP address of your computer, it shows on the bottom of the screen in Internet Explore..or Chrome.. and change the security type to WEP...If that to complicated, call the tech support...My is Qwest now Century Link and they will show you step by step...I thought it was my Android smart phone but it was the router at home... Hope this helps...I had spoken to a Verizon rep who instructed me to take out the battery and even force reset...too cumbersom and it solves nothing...Remember, it is not your phone

TheOldFart

Reaction score
The problem is not with the Android phone, but rather with the router from your phone company and the security type. You will have to get the IP address of your computer, it shows on the bottom of the screen in Internet Explore..or Chrome.. and change the security type to WEP...If that to complicated, call the tech support...My is Qwest now Century Link and they will show you step by step...I thought it was my Android smart phone but it was the router at home... Hope this helps...I had spoken to a Verizon rep who instructed me to take out the battery and even force reset...too cumbersom and it solves nothing...Remember, it is not your phone

Are you saying that the Inc2 does not support WPA2? If this is true then the Inc2 is a total no go. My 2 year old Droid does with no problem at all.

OP
M

mgullick

Reaction score

It used to work fine with WPA2-PSK and AES encryption. It actually still works fine and now it "generally" gets an automagic connection both at home and at work using that setup. It automagically connects most of the time but it did go through a period when it seemed to not do so. Not sure what the problem was but I "think" it may have been due to having the Citrix receiver installed. I never could get that to work (turns out my department uses an older version of the Citrix server which works fine for iPhone but won't work with Android and they aren't going to update it anytime soon). I've uninstalled the Citrix receiver and that "may" be why the phone connects properly now. Whatever the case, it DOES work now.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I just got my new Inc2 and it recognizes my home network, but will not connect. It is WPA2-PSK and AES encryption. I had no problems connecting with my Droid or my wife's Ally or Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0. In addition, when I sign into the Android market on my PC, it does not recognize that I have the Inc2. Again, it immediately found my wife's Galaxy Player when she got it 2 weeks ago. My Inc2 does show my purchased apps as not installed and will let me install them, but does not find my free apps.

Edit: Wifi started working fine. The market on the PC still doesn't show my Inc2, even though the Inc2 knows what apps I purchased and allowed me to download the not installed apps. I guess I'll have to download all the free apps from the market on the Inc2 instead of the much easier method of downloading from the list of my apps on the PC. It worked fine on my wife's Galaxy Player.

Last edited:

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I downloaded all of my free apps manually from the market searching for all of them on the phone. Guess what happened an hour later - the Inc2 showed up in the market on the PC. :icon_ cry::D