1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

wifi mysteriously no longer works on ss5.2

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by TuBitMittens, Apr 27, 2011.

1. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

I don't know what happen. When I first used the rom it worked for awhile and now when I scan for an access point they show up but the status says its 'not in range.' I've stuck to the chevy lv 1.0ghz kernel that was released on 3/24 for awhile so I don't think its a kernel issue. I don't understand why I've no longer been able to use wifi lately and I know its not a connection problem cuz I've tried in multiple locations. For a long time with the rom I've had no problems with wifi and it just decided to stop working on me. any ideas? I preferably would not like to have to do a fresh wipe and start from the beginning. Idk if the patch that fixes the issues would do anything...appreciate any feedback. thanks
  2. tbone73

tbone73 New Member

Mine did the same thing, twice already. The first time I just restored a past back up I made and everything was ok again. If fact everytime my ROM is working real good I make a back up just incase. Anyway, the last time was today. I did a fix permissions and restarted it but I had to do it 3 times and now it's fine. Note I did have to let it sit for a few minutes and the wifi returned. By the way, one of the fix permissions I did was chevy's "fix permissions" the other two were ROM manager.
  3. bluegrasslover

bluegrasslover New Member

Same problem here as well. I cleared the cache and it came back but only briefly.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

I guess I'll try this first. I actually wiped the rom today and then started it again and restored some apps and stuff with titanium backup. the first few minutes after I booted up the rom again wifi was fine but now I've lost it again..-_-
  5. tbone73

tbone73 New Member

Your problem may ly with that you are restoring apps with Titanium Back up. Restore apps after a wipe with the market, normally when you open the market app and go to "My apps" this will restore all your apps automatically, just be a bit patient because all your apps will be re-downloaded and installed to their newest rev. If you have any data like voice recordings or notes and stuff like that you can use TB to restore only the data not the app. all user id or passwords should be re-entered.
  6. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

actually, I was stating to think the same thing.(might have restored too much) >_< I'm wondering how I can resolve the problem from there..
  7. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

like maybe I could reset certain settings or something..idk
  8. tbone73

tbone73 New Member

maybe a fix permissions? The best way is to re-install but you might wanna try removing apps one at a time till it starts to work again.
  9. tbone73

tbone73 New Member

I had set mine to scan intervals at 45 from 15. I set it back and it works better. Found in Chevy tools and then options.
  10. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Finally got it working again. :) hopefully it stays bug-free. Thanks for ur guys support.

11. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

The fix permissions in chevytools eventually worked. I suggest other ppl do the same thing with the problem. I ended up having to wipe the rom and restores the wifi settings to their default. I get a little trigger happy sometimes when it come to restoring s*** with TB. Lol

12. tbone73

tbone73 New Member

Glad to hear it.
  13. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Problems back again -_-

14. c.r.ayala

c.r.ayala New Member

The easiest way is to just delete all the saved wifi locations. That should fix it and once you rescan you should be able to connect.

Sent from my ELITE Droid using Tapatalk
  15. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

The wifi seems fine now lately. Sorry for the late response. Thanks for the help everyone.

16. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Did the suggestion in post #14 fix it? Or did it resolve itself?
  17. lilchrisgangsta

lilchrisgangsta New Member

I have the same exact problem. WiFi signal is always really low when it actually does connect. I have tried to delete the remembered networks, and that did not affect anything. Same with the fix permissions through Chevy tools, and through Rom manager.

I also did a complete wipe, and tried 5 different kernels.

Any other suggestions?
  18. lilchrisgangsta

Nevermind I fixed it. I just deleted everything, and downloaded P.E. Now everything works fine.
  19. redoregon

redoregon Member

Pretty good chance that SS would work fine now too. Wiping probably did the trick as much as switching ROMs.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  20. lilchrisgangsta

No wiping was not the issue. I have wiped, and re-wiped a 1000 times, including multiple roms and kernels. Cyanogenmod 7.0.2 was by far the best gingerbread platform out, that ran smooth with no issues for me.

Chevy's rom however, was the best in relation to customization, but like all the rest of the gingerbread roms, all come with wifi and usb issues.
    Even Bugless with a stock gingerbread platform had the issues somehow.

I just downloaded Steel Droid, and it has no problems.

They have working kernels for wifi and usb, and is currently the best working gingerbread 2.3.4 rom right now.