WIFI little signal boost help

rmd62163

Reaction score
View attachment 50449 If those whom would like to try this it could work for that low WIFI signal. I tried many different designs till I got some improvement on the WIFI 20dbm to be exact. I couldn't even go up to the second floor with out loosing connection. But now I can. Only been trying for 1 day if it stops I'll let you know, but it's better then nothing. All you need is copper tape or maybe aluminum might work too. I needed to move it around on the back till I got a good position for signal increase, and needed the back cover in place for what ever reason that seam to help. I did have it at 50% increase but couldn't believe it so I took it off and could not get it position that good again DUH! Should of left it alone eh hoser, according to Bob and Doug.:biggrin: Well this was on the droid incrediable with no wireless service on it just using Google voice for phone service, tinkering around. Pretty cool not needing service. All for fun though, hope this helps someone out.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
You attached it to the back of your battery?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OP
R

rmd62163

Reaction score
Where can you get this tape?

Sorry took so long to respond, at work for past week.

I had this lying around for years and did not realize how expensive it has gotten. Probably try the aluminum first, little cheaper.
Or if you know someone that's a MRI engineer, they use this stuff for the faraday cage in MRI suites.

You might try this from LOWES Reflectix 2" x 30' Reflective Foil Tape. Not sure if it will do the trick. But it's only 4$

Amazon.com: DiMarzio Copper Shielding Tape 24""x3-1/2"": Musical Instruments

Amazon.com: 3M Copper Foil Tape, 1194, EMI, 1" X 36 Yards, Acrylic: Home Improvement

OP
R

rmd62163

Reaction score
Would plain aluminum foil work do you think? Just attached inside?

I did see this on lifehacker as well to extend your Wifi range:

Here's the source on that too:
Top 10 Clever Hacks for Things You Thought Were Trash

Sent from my Droid Incredible (2.3.4) on the Droid Forums app.

Couldn't hurt to try. I ended up lining the whole back cover with the foil but not much different, although better then without it.

matthelm007

Reaction score
View attachment 50449 If those whom would like to try this it could work for that low WIFI signal. I tried many different designs till I got some improvement on the WIFI 20dbm to be exact. I couldn't even go up to the second floor with out loosing connection. But now I can. Only been trying for 1 day if it stops I'll let you know, but it's better then nothing. All you need is copper tape or maybe aluminum might work too. I needed to move it around on the back till I got a good position for signal increase, and needed the back cover in place for what ever reason that seam to help. I did have it at 50% increase but couldn't believe it so I took it off and could not get it position that good again DUH! Should of left it alone eh hoser, according to Bob and Doug.:biggrin: Well this was on the droid incrediable with no wireless service on it just using Google voice for phone service, tinkering around. Pretty cool not needing service. All for fun though, hope this helps someone out.

I've tried looking at the link, but the forums says it's bad. Could you re-post?

OP
R

rmd62163

Reaction score
If you are referring to the image of the phone I can use the link. good thing because I no longer have that image after reloading my system. So I copied it and here you go. Sorry I did not have any dimensions for you.
View attachment 66241

FYI you can get the copper tape at lowes (Copper flashing) for like 10$