WiFi Issues

droid.i.am

Reaction score
Hi Droid experts,
I hope that I'm posting in the correct forum...

My WiFi works for a short time then it keeps giving me a "network error" message whenever I try to go to the internet. Since my Droid thinks that it's still connected to my wireless router correctly, it doesn't automatically revert to 3G when this happens. If I manually turn WiFi off, 3G works fine; then if I manually turn WiFi back on, it works for only a short time again.

I think that it's related to my recent install of Froyo since my wife's Droid stock 2.1 works fine on our WiFi so I don't think it's my router.

I've searched the forums but I haven't found a solution that works yet. I've tried 10 different medium/low/ultralow kernels from P3/Chevy/etc. and they exhibited the same symptoms.

Here is my phone info:
build # = voles-user 2.2 FRF84B 42477 release-keys
baseband version = C_01.43.01P
kernel version = 2.6.32.9-P3Droids

If anyone had a similar issue & figured out to fix it, I'd really appreciate any input. Thanks.

-Rob

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try a different rom.

robbo323

Reaction score
Its a glitch in Froyo ROMS for some people. For me its every Froyo ROM. Tried them all, same problem you are having. Tried different kernals & wifi settings too, no luck. Closest I've come to success is using Chevy SS4.2 and re-setting my router. Works for about a week, then I have to re-set again. Weird. If you search, there's threads on here with suggested fixes, though none worked for me. Good luck.

OP
D

droid.i.am

Reaction score
Update:

Today, I tried 1 fix suggested by dasak & benb1974 in another thread/forum, and WiFi is finally stable for me - hallelujah & thanks guys! What I did was change my router's wireless settings from Auto-WPA/WPA2 (TKIP/AES encryption) to WPA-only (TKIP encryption). dancedroid

Here is my current phone/router info:
build # = FRG01B
baseband version = C_01.43.01P
kernel version = 2.6.32.9-P3Droids
router = DLink DIR-655

I hope that this information will be helpful for some of you with similar WiFi issues. Good luck!

-Rob