Wifi Issues

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by dimmujed, Jun 17, 2010.

1. dimmujed

dimmujed New Member

I've had nothing but Wifi issues since Froyo.

First I had the leaked Froyo from Mydroidworld with the p3Droid kernel with supposed wifi fix. My wifi has been malfunctioning since then. I've used all the newest basebands. Used the "updated" leaked Froyo with p3Droid's kernel (125-1200 which had amazing battery life compared to bb Froyo). Then switched to bb Froyo .1 with chevy's froyo 250-1200 and to bb Froyo .2 and .2.1 with no change. I've wiped 3 times (data and cache). Have tried the stock bb kernels, chevy, p3Droid, all the same results.

It will be connected and then as soon as I start to download a file or view a page with any real amount of space it disconnects. The wifi symbol disappears from the notification bar and will stay disconnected for around 20 seconds. Rinse repeat.

As far as my wireless I have the Netgear WNR-3500 Wireless N router running on channel 11 with WEP encryption.

I feel if we post our stats as far as roms, routers, and kernels we may find a fix. And if need be I can post a nandroid etc.

Also, I wish bb froyo didn't automatically install apps to SD, and would allow me to restore my apps from the market automatically like it used to :(

Also Froyo has been made to use 125mhz far better than anything before it, so IMHO there is no excuse for having to use 250mhz.

And I'm sorry if this all has a negative tone, it's just that I've been a BB user since the day I brought my Droid, using Bugless Beauty and on. I've never had any issues with any release till now, and I just feel like things are being rushed out now without testing and not in a clean fashion. I just feel very let down.

/chapter book
  2. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

Just for a bit, try removing your security on your wireless router. It is a problem with the Droid's WiFi. https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/63842 -- I have been connected to my WiFi all day yesterday, all night, and today without a disconnection. What did I do differently? I'm running on an unsecured WiFi router. I can do that tho since I'm in a house and neighbors are too far for the signal. Once I switch to WEP or WPA2 - the droid loses connection within minutes of any data use or just acts like it doesn't have internet. --- For me, this "wifi" fix didn't fix anything cuz nothing was broken for me.

Do a nandroid backup and try BB 1.1 and see if you have the same problems.

As far as BB - I have absolutely NO problems with it, I've never had any problems. Neither has anyone whom I've rooted with BB. It is interesting reading all of these people who have issues.

I'd recommend a fresh wipe (factory reset in recovery) and install the Rom, Kernel, and baseband all at once in the same recovery session (just mount to rename update.zip).
  3. dimmujed

dimmujed New Member

I have bb 1.1 and it worked FINE till I switched to Froyo. Also, I've done at least 10 wipes trying to fix it.
  4. dorri732

dorri732 New Member

I've had similar, but not identical wifi problems since BB.2 (currently using BB.2.1 with no change)

Symptoms: Phone will appear to be connected to wifi but gives error when trying to use data. Switching wifi off and back on (or just leaving it off) fixes it.

Happens several times a day.

Also seems to be a problem if wifi is on and I leave the signal area. I have to turn wifi off in order to use 3g (sometimes, not always)
  5. cuzzinz

cuzzinz New Member

Ya i have had similar issues. I use my phone at work on 3g all day and i never really noticed it.

I have also noticed that on wifi I can surf the net a decent amount and small data and such... but if i try to download anything it gets all finicky and can crash and such. At first i thought i screwed up my APN with a widget that I installed but then i loaded an APN from a clean install and was still seeing the same problems. I am surprised more people arent saying anything.

Is it not really a wide spread issues...no one has noticed...or the worst one... a lot of people are using OPEN wifi at home or work. HMMM :-/
Search tags for this page
netgear wnr3500 razr
netgear wnr3500l encryption disconnects

netgear wnr3500l motorola droid razr problems