wifi issues

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by modestokid209, May 3, 2012.

1. modestokid209

modestokid209 New Member

So after i get the new upgrade wich was supposed to help with wpa locked wifi bit now it will recognize my wifi but not connect to it. Even the open wifi at the gym wouldnt work. Ne one else havin the same problem?
  2. modestokid209

modestokid209 New Member

I guess everyone just not gonna help me
  3. Robotics

Robotics New Member

Since the update I still dont have problems with wifi, BUT I'am still having issues with 3g disconnecting then reconnect. I have always had this problem with 3g...and I thought the update was suppose to fix it. But wifi is smooth for me at home and at work.
  4. modestokid209

modestokid209 New Member

Ya not mine. Connects than disconnects. It sux im almost at my 4gb mark the months
  5. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

I don't know if this applies to you, but I had to replace my router because it was "out of date". It was probably five years old and as soon as I hooked the new router up...BINGO...Razr connected to WiFi right away.
  6. modestokid209

modestokid209 New Member

See that might b it. But now its workin. It seems like wifi only wantsta work when it wants to. I dont get it. : (
  7. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

That's what happens as the router get old.
  8. modestokid209

modestokid209 New Member

O ok. Thank u
  9. WebRogue

WebRogue New Member

My wife has a Droid Razr as well. We also just installed the update. She still cannot connect consistently to our home router. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. It will show as connected, but the WiFi signal bar is completely grey. If I check the router, I can see that it is connected. Unfortunately it does not work. I have a Samsung Galaxy SII LTE which connects and works fine on the same router. If you Google a bit, you will find that there are a lot of Droid Razr people (an other Motorola phones as well) with this same problem. Seems to be a Motorola issue. So far I have not found a way to fix it.
  10. midnightkiss

midnightkiss New Member

Hey guys, thought I'd share my findings in case it helps anyone else out. I've spent many hours trying to figure this out without any luck. I was having the issue with my device saying connected but not being able to browse or use any internet. My setup is a little more complicated as I have an AD server providing DHCP. However, what I found that fixed my issue was removing the IP lease from my DHCP table. Once I removed the device from the DHCP table, the device connected again, got a different IP and was then able to browse :icon_ banana:

I had previously tried every mode of security, WPA, WPA2, WEP, Open, WPA2Enterprise, WPAEnterprise, with no avail. Also tried every mode, G only, N only, etc.
    So check to see if you can remove the lease from wherever you supply DHCP from.
  11. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Good to know. We'll have to keep this in mind. Thank you. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!
  12. Websquad

Websquad New Member

Happy with WiFi

Before the ICS O/S upgrade I never even tried WiFi on my Droid 4 ... just didn't think of it. However, I had been listening to Abacus radio music during my workouts, but was not pleased with the performance -- both before and after ICS there were numerous times when the music just quit playing (many more interruptions with ICS then the original OS). So I walked into my gym (Fitness 19) the other day and there was a sign: "We now have Wifi -- ask for the password." WOW! The WiFi is great ... makes all the difference in the world. I can now listen to Bach and Vivaldi without interruption.

QUESTION: When WiFi is operating, does the 4G cellular wireless become disabled and the Droid 4 depend on WiFi for all of its wireless connectivity? I can't tell from the manual (besides, it is pre-ICS).
  13. jaye712

jaye712 Active Member

How did u end up getin a different ip?u meen getin a complete new router or jst changin the name?sry,iam tryin to figure this out as easy as possible.i been havin the same/sort of this problem for weeks n found no answer.this would be alot of help..ill be connected to wifi n then itll last for a day or two n then looses connection.i try to connect it,n it jst loads the whole entire time,i normally have to mess with the router n phone back to back,even changing the channel (wrks for a day or two like i said)but looses connection agian.n o my,dnt get me started on the signal..one minute its a full bar(without connect)..i try to connect n then it drops to 1 bar(iam right in front of my router)
Search tags for this page
droid razr hd wifi issues with wpa security
droid razr will not connect to wifi in the gym
ever since new droid upgrade my droid wont work on my house
motorola droid razr m wifi issues
motorola razor not recognizing wi-fi

motorola razr maxx wifi issues

my phone receginizes wifi at the gym but there is no cnnecti