WiFi issues with the Droid Phone

odiaz

Reaction score
I'm having problems with it re-connecting. I can get it to connect to mt local wifi at home. but then if I travel away and return, it will not reconnect to my home network. If you go to the settings page under wireless setting, it says its connecting but then it fails to connect. The signal is Excellent. If i try deleting and re adding the wifi connection it will eventually connect but then as soon as I leave the house it will refuse to connect when I return.

This is very frustrating.

wert

Reaction score
Update the router

I have a Linksys WRT54G. I could not connect my droid Samsung Fascinate to the wifi. It would fail to connect. I tried reconfiguring my settings without success. After trying to input settings manually under the advanced settings, I messed up the phone to the point that I couldn't get the wifi to function. The phone's wifi would turn on for a second, then I'd get a "unable to scan for networks" and the wifi would turn off. After reading several threads, there appeared to be two solutions: 1) reset the phone 2) delete (or edit) the bcm_supp.conf file (it saves the wifi settings). I decided to root my phone and delete the bcm_supp.conf file (it's saved under data/wifi/). That fixed the wifi search ability. I then updated my router to a more recent version (I had one from 2007), and I was able to connect to my wireless router.

JonDroidX

Reaction score
I'm having problems with it re-connecting. I can get it to connect to mt local wifi at home. but then if I travel away and return, it will not reconnect to my home network. If you go to the settings page under wireless setting, it says its connecting but then it fails to connect. The signal is Excellent. If i try deleting and re adding the wifi connection it will eventually connect but then as soon as I leave the house it will refuse to connect when I return.

This is very frustrating.

This sounds like it might be an issue with your router and not your phone. Maybe your router if failing to assign an IP address when it tries to reconnect. I had this problem once with my xbox and my router. My solution: bought a new router.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App