wifi issues cm6/7 nightlies

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by magma_camel, Feb 2, 2011.

1. magma_camel

magma_camel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey everybody i love CM6 and 7 nightlies they are fantastic. currently im running one of the later cm6 nighlies along with slayhers 1.2ghz kernel with the wifi fix installed. however i have serious wifi issues

1 i turn on wifi and it says that my access point is out of range (it is not) wifi on my girlfriends phone my cr-48 and my girlfriends laptop and PS3 work perfectly fine. fianly if i go into the wireless settings and sit it for a bit it will turn on wifi and connect to my router

2 the market does not work at all with wifi on. i turn on wifi market will not donwload things i turn off wifi 3g comes back on and instant download

3 pandora is choppy (extreamly choppy) with wifi on and works fine with wifi off

4 i can browse the web fine gvoice messages come in fine and i can use trillian just fine.

edit 1: apparently i was wrong about number 4. i guess its like i get no signal at all even though its connected and says i have good signal strength. i cannot do anything with it

does anybody have any idea what could be wrong? by the way this is constant between kernels and roms.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. gambit07

gambit07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't used the CM6 nightlies but I'm on CM7 right now with none of those problems. Try wiping everything from recovery and reflashing
  3. magma_camel

magma_camel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have multiple times like i said in the original post this seems to be present threwout all roms/kernels
  4. gambit07

gambit07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Could be a hardware issue then? Was it like this on the stock rom and kernel? Also did you go into the partitions menu and format boot, system, data and cache before installing the new rom?
  5. magma_camel

magma_camel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    of course i wiped

and it turns out that its not an issue with stock i just flashed sbf to check.
  6. petecraig612

petecraig612 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same issues with the CM7 nightlies, LGB 1.1 and UD 3.0 RC2. They all work great untill after I reboot these builds for the first time, then I get white icons that will not turn green. I thought it might be phone specific but it looks like other people are having similar issues. This sucks... lol
  7. Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    seems as though im having issues with CM 6 recently idk how it happened but my wi-fi keeps giving me an error and won't turn on at all. ;-; is there a fix for it?
  8. insertnewsn

insertnewsn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    same here!

Bump..

Having this same issue as well. Doesn't seem to matter which kernel i'm running (i've tried cyanogenmod7 stock, chevy's 1.2lv and a few others)..

My droid has issues finding my linksys WRT160N SSID at all.. After a few minutes or so it will find it and connect "fine" but the wifi icon will never turn green, and I have zero internet access.

I'm also still having issues when going in/out of 3G service areas. (e.g. have full connectivity before getting on the subway, but I have to toggle airplane mode or restart when I emerge to get data access back..) Not sure if the issues are related..

This has been my only complaint with CM7 thus far, but I'd still like to figure out a fix dancedroid

**EDIT** I've found that by switching my router to channel 1, I've fixed this problem.. We'll see if it comes back, but as of now my Droid immediately detects/connects to my home wifi without issue.

I realized that while it was having difficulties connecting to multiple access points, it was having no problem seeing other SSIDs that were operating on channel 1. Try it out and let me know if it works for you!!
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  9. abadbronc

abadbronc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was having a problem where I could connect but couldn't do anything after. No surfing, syncing, anything.

I found that I had my wireless encryption set as WPA/PSK2 AES. I changed to WPA/PSK TKIP.

No more problem. Maybe the Droid doesn't have AES compatible hardware?
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  10. shawner47

shawner47 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem with Peter Alfonso's GPA releases. Ended up being a kernel issue. I was running RZ's kernels at the time (tried all of them and had the same thing). I am currently running winner00's 8-4 with ChevyNo1's 1GHz LV kernel with no problems.

HTH

Shawn