WiFi issue

JackButler

Reaction score
I can't seem to access our home wireless network. We just have a basic internet service with linksys router, we use our laptops on it.
My phone found it, I put in our password, it tries to obtain it but it keep socming up unsuccessful on my Eris.
Can anyone help me further to troubleshoot this?
Thanks

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Reboot the Linksys, wait a few minutes for it to come up, and try again. Sounds like it's connected but isn't receiving an IP address from the routers DHCP server.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem. Mine will say "not in range" my router is in the same room as me. Any suggestions?

Stigy

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a mobile device that is able to connect to the router?

Like an iPhone, iPod Touch, etc...? Something that is not a computer?

Really shouldn't make a difference, but would like to isolate the issue.

bennyj

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a mobile device that is able to connect to the router?

Like an iPhone, iPod Touch, etc...? Something that is not a computer?

Really shouldn't make a difference, but would like to isolate the issue.

I have all my kids itouches connected as well as my wife and my droid. The only thing I can think of that may be a problem, is if you have mac address filtering on. If so you can either disable it or add the mac address of your droids to the list.

drd1109

Reaction score
had the same problem with my linksys...chaned the security to a wep and now everything works.

misaac

Reaction score
My Droid wouldn't connect with WEP, had to change my router to WPA2/PSK and works fine now.

chilibilly22

Reaction score
wifi woes

My wifi works good then I may wake up and try using it and it wont do anything even when it shows good signal. I have settings to never turn off but it doesnt help. Also it does not always reconnect when I leave then come back to range. Its frustrating, anybody else have these issues or any suggestions?

leonsb3

Reaction score
this goes for me as well, i have a great connection to my router but no internet on the Droid. i cant seem to figure it out, it works great at the office too so its really maddening!

Willyammer

Reaction score
Not understanding this... My home network wifi connection was working great. Then, I went away for the holidays and come home to find that Wi-fi is "Disconnected", my network is "remembered, secured with WPA/WPA2". I click on notification and pop up shows network strength "Excellent" and gives me option to connect but when I do, nothing happens.

I've rebooted the router, removed the Droid battery and still no luck. For a while there the "3G" icon was missing but reappeared after a second battery removal.

Wee bit frustrated.

lanolar

Reaction score
Wifi does not work at all on mine for any WPA/WPS2 network. Its been a huge frustrating joke "feature" on the phone so far. Its a HUGE issue that Motorola does not seem to be in rush to fix. Google "Droid wifi issues" and see how common the problem is for a nice kick in the pants.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Droid does not work at all on the MIT campus network. MIT calls it a "known issue with the droid". Not sure if Motorola / Google are working on it, or not.

EDIT: MIT is an unencrypted network, but likely uses some atypical equipment.

Erich_F

Reaction score
Mine is on my house wifi just fine. I use 128 bit WEP. Make sure your setup is also using 128bit. It's a 16 character key, IIRC.